[RELEASE] 5-2 Day Programmable Thermostat Scheduler (Weekday, Weekend) with Remote Temperature Sensor for each Schedule

@RBoy are you no longer updating the free code on here? Just wondering since the code posted on the OP hasn’t been updated since 2015 and I see you are not on version 3.1.5

The free version is solid and stable, no issues. It provides the basic 5-2 Day Thermostat to replicate a standard thermostat plus mode selection.

The advanced version is where we are enhancing with new features like remote sensors etc.

Oh ok. I was asking since this seemed like an important update.

Not really, this is more specific to the advanced version of the app. Haven’t heard any issues from anyone using the basic version yet. If there is an issue reported, be happy to correct it.

Oh ok. Understood.

###5-2 Day Thermostat with Remote Sensor - Version 3.2.0

• Added ability to use a single remote sensor for all schedules or select individual remote sensors for each schedule
  • Added ability to configure fan state for each schedule
  • Optimized settings to reduce communication with thermostat to save battery

On request from multiple users, here are the new features.

Can you add an option to not use the smart app for fan control? Maybe a selection in the first screen of the app setup? I want to use other methods to control my fan. Thanks.

1 Like

###5-2 Day Thermostat with Remote Sensor - Version 3.2.1

• Setting the fan mode is now optional for each schedule

Thanks, will try it tomorrow.

@RBoy - I tried 3.2.1 and can’t seem to find the difference from 3.2.0 where I can not have it control the fan mode. Can you point it out please? Thanks.

The fan mode is now optional. Just de select all options and leave it blank if you don’t want fan settings modified.

Hey Rboy, thanks for the great app. Is it not possible to use integer for temperatures eg 21.5?

You mean decimal. No at this time it’s only integers as that’s what ST interfaces supports.

###5-2 Day Thermostat with Remote Sensor - Version 3.2.2

• Tweak the external temperature sensor threshold to better handle lower accuracy sensors

Yes decimal haha. I am able to enter decimals using core. Anyways that you can implement a similar solution?

Yes it’s possible but have refrained from doing so due to the accuracy of sensors available today. The other bigger reason is the support from thermostats. The DH from ST does not support reporting decimal levels today since most thermostats don’t support it.
What you’ll see however is the threshold accuracy in the SmartApp when using an external temperature sensor does support decimals since that isn’t a thermostat but the SmartApp taking over the thermostat functions.

I have a minor feature request and corresponding code changes. It would be really nice to do averaging on multiple remote sensors, for example when there’s a sensor in each bedroom and they’re all on a single HVAC zone.

It looks like just a few minor tweaks:

1. In the inputs, change
    remoteTemperatureSensor
    to
    "multiple:true"

2. And in the remote sensor code, change
    currentTemp = remoteTempSensor.currentTemperature
    to
    currentTemp = remoteTempSensor.currentTemperature.sum()/remoteTempSensor.size()

I appreciate your consideration in adding this particular feature.

1 Like

Added it in the next release, unfortunately it wasn’t as simple as your suggestion as that would break existing apps if the users didn’t go in and update the settings but it’s done anyways. It will prompt the user if multiple sensors are selected that it will average them out.

1 Like

###5-2 Day Thermostat with Remote Sensor - Version 3.3.0

• Added the ability to select multiple remote temperature sensors (if multiple remote temp sensors are selected, it take the average temperature of the selected sensors)
  • Added ability to automatically check for updates to the SmartApps and Devices code used and notify user

###After updating the code, please open the SmartApp and click on Next and Done. Without this step the automatic code checks/notifications will not take effect.

I really appreciate you considering it all the same, as well as any extra work it took to make sure it was right. Looking forward to using this!