I have a minor feature request and corresponding code changes. It would be really nice to do averaging on multiple remote sensors, for example when there’s a sensor in each bedroom and they’re all on a single HVAC zone.
It looks like just a few minor tweaks:
In the inputs, change
And in the remote sensor code, change
currentTemp = remoteTempSensor.currentTemperature
currentTemp = remoteTempSensor.currentTemperature.sum()/remoteTempSensor.size()
I appreciate your consideration in adding this particular feature.
Added it in the next release, unfortunately it wasn’t as simple as your suggestion as that would break existing apps if the users didn’t go in and update the settings but it’s done anyways. It will prompt the user if multiple sensors are selected that it will average them out.
###5-2 Day Thermostat with Remote Sensor - Version 3.3.0
- Added the ability to select multiple remote temperature sensors (if multiple remote temp sensors are selected, it take the average temperature of the selected sensors)
- Added ability to automatically check for updates to the SmartApps and Devices code used and notify user
###After updating the code, please open the SmartApp and click on
Done. Without this step the automatic code checks/notifications will not take effect.
I really appreciate you considering it all the same, as well as any extra work it took to make sure it was right. Looking forward to using this!
So I’ve installed this and configured it to control my Stelpro KI… I see it in the smarthings automation/smartapps, and have it configured, but it’s not changing the temperature. I can see inside of https://graph-na02-useast1.api.smartthings.com/installedSmartApp that the job is scheduled to run a 4:30pm (my next change), so it seems to be running somehwere, but not updating the temp.
Is the version at the top of this topic correct, or do I need to actually get one from rboyapps.com? or is something not configured correctly?
Sounds like you’re facing and issue with The recent hub firmware update
which has caused communication issues with some thermostats. First make
sure that the hub is able to communicate with the thermostat. Open your
thermostat page try to turn your fan on and off. If that isn’t working then
you’ll need to fix that first. The best way would be exclude the thermostat
and then pair it again.
If it’s scheduled then the app is working the issue is the hub and
thermostat aren’t communicating likely. This was also documented on another
I don’t have a fan. I can use the ST app to manually change the temperature, and the routine I have does lower the temp when I activate it. just seems to be something wrong with the scheduler. I’ve only had the hub for about 3 weeks, but I’ll try and exclude/pari the thermostat, to see if that makes a difference.
SO playing around with it a bit more, I still can’t get it to change temperature. I looked at the logging, and it seems to be trying to set the cool setpoint which the stelpro doesn’t support (it’s heat only). How do I force it to only set heat setpoints?
Living Room Thermostat does not support cool setpoint
then at the mode change time:
Set Living Room Thermostat Cool 57°
So couple of things to consider
- Subscribing to our apps does give you the latest apps and any feature requests would be incorporate in the premium apps.
- While the app was designed to work with heating and cooling thermostats it should work with a heating or cooling only thermostat if it returns the right values. What does Live Logging show the “thermostat mode” when it tries to change the temperature? If it’s showing Auto or Cool then it’s an issue within your thermostat device handler.
- You can comment out the lines with the setCoolingSetpoint to not set the cooling point at all and just the keep the setHeatingPoint though I suspect as mentioned above if your device handler is returning the correct value (heating) for the thermostat mode it will work fine.
- For mode based thermostat changes see our app for mode based thermostat changes. A basic free version is posted on the forum but the advanced ones are available on the RBoy sever.
[RELEASE] Ultimate Mode Based Thermostat - Control Multiple Thermostats Temperature / Remote Temperature Sensors when Changing Modes
First off thanks to the programming team for this …
I have a very stupid question… (so dont bash me on it)
Will this change the thermostat mode from cool to heat and heat to cool when the temp set point are reached?
Or do i need to use CoRe to set the thermostat to the necessary heat or cool stage ?
No it doesn’t change the thermostat mode, it only changes the temperature settings and fan settings on the thermostat. The only time it changes the mode is in response to the “external” temperature sensor/thresholds option if configured, otherwise no.
Much Thanks for the Quick Reply RBoy.
I have been curently using the smart app with the external temperature sensor (Aeon Labs Multi-sensor 6).
I will try to force a temperature change to the thermostat to see why its not working for me.
lastly is this smart app Device handler independent?
I am also using your device handler with it/ ( My thermostats are the Honeywell YTH8320ZW1007/U.)
No it’s on DH dependent. Works with any thermostat DH as long as it supports setting temperature.
However do note that due to a recent hub firmware issue some thermostats are losing their connection with the hub. The answer is to exclude the thermostat and pair it again. See the thread on the custom z wave thermostat page for details. If you’re facing the issue please report it to ST support.
###5-2 Day Thermostat with Remote Sensor - Version 03.03.01
- Added support for temporary hold mode (i.e. SmartApp wont’ change temperature if manually changed by user until the next scheduled or mode change)
After updating the code, open the SmartApp and click
Next and then
Done for the changes to take effect
how do we use this new feature ?
Just change the temp on the thermostat or remotely and the app will “detect” it and it will won’t update the temp until the next schedule.
Will this work for a permanent hold situation?
Where can we place a request for feature for this app?
I’m using the multiple external remote feature and would like to see the average of the remote sensors some where.
With the way SmartApps work in ST since they don’t have a real time
interface there is no way to report that. It calculates the average of all
the selected sensors and then decides what to do thereafter.
This is the right place to request features.