Raspberry Pi setup for schema / NPM/NGROK

Goooooood morning Vietnam !!

I am willing to perform this tutorial but as most tutos this one is incomplete (for starting from scratch like me).

My questions are :

1/ I should install a raspbian on my RPI4 and then install npm and ngrok ?

2/ About the code, i will make it visual studio code app, like the tuto using the linux distribution.
Will running that command will be enough ?

3/ Does this command means node.js must be intalled ?

Thank you

Installed node npm ngrok npm express vsc etc
Did all steps, got the listening but devices not showing in ST APP !

I tried all tutos made for us but none work ??? FED UP

Hi, there! Can you provide more details about what you’re trying to achieve with your RPI, please?

I’m trying to understand this, your integration doesn’t appear to add the device in the mobile app? Can you also share a screen capture of this?

@nayelyz
what you answer to that ?

For some reason Samsung have wandered off into the wilderness when they came up with the specification for those. As far as I can see it’s possible for an individual developer to create a personal smartapp but to create a shared one requires having a business account. I have been trying to work out for a long time how to make a SmartApp just so I can uses subscriptions to get notifications instead of polling, but I have failed so far at the authentication stage. You can’t use a PAT for subscriptions, so somehow, the SmartApp is supposed to use an oAuth token that is provided by the webhook, but I can’t seem to get the callbacks to work, apart from the initial one.

Please, post some logs of your SmartApp to have a better reference on what’s going on.

@nayelyz
I see you don’t answer and i know why…

SmartApps are self-published only, this means each user must register them at the Developer Workspace to be able to install them. The way to publish them nowadays is by sharing the SmartApp source code.
The one that needs an approved organization is the OAuth Integration, which allows third-party clouds to connect to the SmartThings environment.

Hello. If you are interested in using a Raspberry Pi to interface with the “new” Smartthings platform, I have created a package to enable you to implement Direct-connected devices on RPi. This allows you to also develop any application code running locally on your Pi that can interact with Smartthings via the direct-connected devices. No cloud server to manage and no smart apps needed. See my post with link to the package: https://community.smartthings.com/t/announcing-beta-for-enabling-raspberry-pi-direct-connected-devices/214725

@TAustin
Hello,
First i am not sure to understand the meaning of your package.

Does it mean i can use devices installed/connected in/to my raspberry pi inside smartthings new app?

For example, i have homeassistant and devices in it. With your package can i view de devices of HA in the smartthings new app?

Thank you for clearing that!

Hi Matthieu - I think you had also replied to my original post on this subject last month.

Yes, you will have to write some C code that uses the SDK APIs to integrate with SmartThings, but yes, with work you could make your home assistant devices (or anything running on your Raspberry PI) be recognized SmartThings devices in the new app. It takes some effort to get it all set up, but once you do, it is fairly easy to implement device applications. For example, I have my DSC security system zones and panel now implemented as ST direct-connect devices running on my RPI.

Yes indeed.

Wow awesome.
I you have any chance to post a screenshot of what looks like dsc integration inside the smartthings ne w app, i take it!

Bravo…

It looks the same as any other device within the app and would be fairly identical to anyone already using the alarmserver package.

I’m still struggling with custom capabilities and presentations to get the display to look the way I want, but here are some interim examples:

More work to do on those, that may need to wait until some of the problems are resolved with SmartThings custom capabilities.

As a bonus, I’ve also created a GUI on my Pi that gives me another point of control:
dscpanelgui

2 Likes

Have you posted any links to the code for the DSC integration? I’m looking to interface with my Vista panel via Envisalink and currently running a hybrid of Redloro’s code. It would be a great jumpstart to get me over to the new interface. I’ve already started to implement your PI integration but would prefer not to start from scratch on the Vista/Envisalink & Smartthings integration.

1 Like

Hi Tim - I’m working on it now. We’ve been discussing in the alarmserver topic: DSC -> EVL-3(4) -> Alarmserver -> Smartthings - #2241 by TAustin

There’s a link there to a readme I’m working on so people can get a feel for what’s involved.

2 Likes

Tim - hilarious, I literally just connected @TAustin to @philh30 in a DM exactly about the Redloro Honeywell build…