Rachio integration broken? (March 2018)

So is the issue with installing via the new ST app?

No, it looks like I can add it no problem - but once I do, the devices all show up as “unavailable” - I have 4 zones and the main controller that come up as devices, and each of them has that same status in the new app. No issues at all in the Classic app, however.

Yea the new app doesn’t support the custom attributes in the devices yet. Once ST adds support i will submit updates to support the new app

My Rachio Controller still works in the Classic App but not in the New App. I called Samsung and they told me that Rachio is no longer supported by Smartthings. I told them it is still showing as a supported device in the Classic App Marketplace. They didn’t have a real answer as to why that was the case. I am a little disappointed in Samsung handling of the New App integration.

I just got off the phone with Samsung Smartthings and they told my that Rachio is no longer supported by Smartthings, is this true, or is the integration just going slowly to the new app? If its just slow integration then Samsung should not be telling their customers that they no longer support Rachio (as it is the best sprinkler controller on the market and I cannot speak more highly of it), as this may affect peoples buying decisions. Just wanted to ask you directly if I should expect integration with the new app or not, and to let you know what Smartthings is telling their customers.

Having the same problem. Is there a fix?

My Rachio zones stopped working a few days ago from ST. When I try and run a zone from ST I get a Network Error, try again later. Rachio zones have been working perfectly for years up until a few days ago.

I had to remove the old grovy SA and reinstall from the new app a few days ago, for the same issue. I thought it was working, but now that I look at my system it isn’t working either.

I don’t have a ST app. I attached the Rachio controller so I could use it in Alexa Routines. I also do not use the Alexa Rachio skill. Doing this allows time values of less than a minute, programming multiple zones, and obviously voice control.

The Alexa Routine runs, it sends the on/off commands to ST, but ST isn’t communicating with Rachio.

Why less than a minute? I have some dogs who occasionally bark too much. I have a “Soggy Doggie” routine which will run one of my zones for 15 seconds to deter the barking.

I figured out what the problem was for my issue. Somehow the Rachio account was no longer linked to my ST account. As soon as I relinked the Rachio account to my ST account the zones started working again.

1 Like

I had to fight with the Rachio integration for DAYS to get it to uninstall from Groovy, then re-connected it via the new Connect application. On the surface it seems to work, but the device tiles don’t receive status changes from the actual water controller. This means that while I can turn on a zone from SmartThings, it never “knows” that it’s on - which means basically every automation is useless.

1 Like

My experience has been the same. The Rachio integration is mostly useless for me.

1 Like

Mine still works. Are you using the stock device handler? If so, try using this: https://github.com/tonesto7/rachio-manager/tree/master/devicetypes/tonesto7/rachio-zone.src

Yeah, the stock DTH. What happens if you turn one of the valves/zones on? Does it show as ‘on’ in the tile?

Not sure what you mean, but this is what it look like when the zone is active: