Problem with Fibaro shutter 3 working with Google Assistant

Hi all,

I have been using the Fibaro shutter 3 and device handler (https://github.com/philh30/smartthings/tree/master/fibaro-fgr-223.src) with no issue, works great.

With that I was able to open the shutter as a blind in Google Assistant with the smartthings -> google assistant driver with “turn on name shutter” or turn off…

With the upgrade in december I am now getting that the device is not setup as a response instead of actioning the command as expected.

I was hopeful that the integration was upgraded to allow for open or close instead of turn on or turn off commands. Both do not work.

I can check with google is the shutter open or closed and it works (fairly useless) but can’t instruct it to open close.

I am interested if this has happened to anyone else or if there is a fix.

Thanks

Matt

Just in case anyone else has a problem with this driver and Google Home I have been able to solve the problem myself.

I think this problem is caused by a confusing list of capabilities which allot of drivers do, throw in everything that looks like it similar to the main capability.

My solution on this one was to comment out all the capabilities except for:

capability "Switch"
    capability "Switch Level"
    capability "Window Shade"

Happy to be corrected on the value of other capabilities but all seems to work once this happened as google assistant knows it is now a true Window Shade (Not a contactor, sensor etc etc).

Cheers

Matt

i am experencing exactly the same issue as you. The fibaro will operate the blinds correctly from toggle switch. Smart Things can also operate the blinds. Google will tell me the blind is open or closed but will respond to the instruction to close telling me that it is not set up.

I am using the same device handle. Can you post the edited script

I’ve tried to do what Matt said before.

I’ve tried to copy the DH and creating a new one and simply deleting these attributes:

capability “Sensor”
capability “Contact Sensor”
capability “Actuator”
capability “Polling”
capability “Power Meter”
capability “Energy Meter”
capability “Refresh”
capability “Configuration”

Saved and published for me.

I’ve setup the new DH in the IDE for the roller shutter and magically Google Home find the shutter

Hey Daniele, do you mind posting the entire code here? I’ve tried to delete the attributes you mentioned and nothing works but maybe I messed up something in the code…:confused:

I would appreciate your help! Thanks

Let me try to share the DH. Below part is the metadata part of the DH, the rest remain the same. Try to copy this part and modify your DH accordingly

/**

• Device Handler for Fibaro Roller Shutter 3 (FGR-223)
  • Based on the FGR-222 handler by Julien Bachmann
  • Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the “License”); you may not use this file except
  • in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at:
  •  http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0

• Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed
  • on an “AS IS” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License
  • for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.

*/

metadata {
definition (name: “Fibaro FGR-223”, namespace: “philh30”, author: “philh30”, ocfDeviceType: “oic.d.blind”, vid: “generic-shade”) {

capability "Switch"
    capability "Switch Level"
    capability "Window Shade"

attribute "syncStatus", "enum", ["syncing", "synced"]

command "sync"
    command "stop"        
    command "up"   
    command "down"   

fingerprint mfr:"010F", prod:"0303", model:"1000", deviceJoinName: "Fibaro Roller Shutter 3"
}
1 Like

Thanks :slight_smile: I can confirm that it works! Now, although I can ask the google assistant to open / close and it works - when I access the home app, it still appears with the gear settings icon on it (see image)

which basically limits me from controlling it from within the app.

Do you have any idea why? or how to fix this?

Perfect! Good news. I’m using GH only for the voice command, the shutter I’m managing through SmartThings app

1 Like