Presence blipping away

Hi, is anyone else being marked as away and then back 2 minutes later?

I don’t know if its related, but the only smart plug I’ve got on the system is intermittently not responding - its almost as if the processor is busy in the smart hub.

yes I have the same issue with my Presence sensor , battery seems to be draining fast too… I think the usual checks are whether you have anything that may be interfering with its signal e.g any other radio equipment.

here’s a response I got from support

I have included some support pages for you to check out below:

If it’s not too much trouble, can I ask you to try re-pairing the presence sensor again? There are 2 methods to add devices, the steps are below:

First Method:
Open app > Go to ‘Marketplace’ > Scroll down to Presence Sensors’
Select ‘Samsung SmartThings Presence Sensor (UK)’ > Hit '+Connect Now’
Remove the cover from the presence sensor > Press and hold the connect button for 6 seconds then release when LED is lit > Wait 2 seconds then tap the button again.
The app should state new device found > Click ‘Next’ and follow the on screen prompts to configure the sensor.

(If the presence sensor is not picking up, try pulsing the connect button on sensor every second for up to approximately 10 seconds).

Second Method:

Open app > Go to ‘Marketplace’ > Click '+Connect New Device’
Remove the cover from the presence sensor > Press and hold the connect button for 6 seconds then release when LED is lit > Wait 2 seconds then tap the button again.
The app should state new device found > Click ‘Next’ and follow the on screen prompts to configure the sensor.

(If the presence sensor is not picking up, try pulsing the connect button on sensor every second for up to approximately 10 seconds).

If this was an ongoing thing, I’d go through the unpair/re-pair game… But the fact it’s happened suddenly, and the fact my keys are hung where they have been since September says to me it’s not an interference issue (unless of course my neighbour has purchased SmartThings and it’s on the same channel).

I found the reboot command in the ide (why isn’t this also on the app Samsung??) , and since rebooting, both glitches have stopped, leading me to think my theory that it was something hammering the processor in the hub isn’t far wrong.

1 Like