Please someone help me before I completely toss these Smartthings!
I have about a 5000sf area (not that’s not the size of my house, I wish!) that I need to setup with Smartthings. I’m so confused on what devices should be setup and how… here’s some specs I’m dealing with. Mind you, Ive been in IT for 20 years from networking to developer…
- Area is 5000sf - nothing unusual like concrete/steel
- My main wifi is xfinity with newest router / gateway
- I have about 90 wifi connected devices
- About 25 of my devices need to be “controlled by Smartthings”… like lights, appliances etc.
- I currently own 4 “hubs” and 2 “wifi” hubs (this means when you flip the device over, it designates the device as either “Smarthtings Hub” or “Smartthings Wifi”.) I’m willing to get different device combos if I need to!
- I do not have any issues with wifi except in one small area, nor do any devices or drop / fail.
- I want my setup to be optimal! Here are the questions:
- Should my space only have 1 hub and a bunch of wifi devices?
- If I have more than one hub at my location what is the benefit vs. having the wifi device?
- If I have more than one hub - should they become sub-hubs? What’s pros/cons?
I have no need for custom automation where I need one hub to have certain devices for automation. I rarely even use automations.
Please take this from the angle - if you were me how would you setup your house to make it the best wifi and zwave/zigbee connectivity? Do I have one hub and many wifis? Do I do sub-hubs?
Thank you so much, I really need to get this right so. Ican move on in life.