Place to announce new DTH releases?

Hi I’m new to ST home automation and trying to test & review various devices. But trying to find a DTH for my devices is really hit or miss (mostly miss). I know they’re actually located in GitHub but so is every possible software development program out there. So I was wondering if this ST community site has a a single “bulletin board” or such for listing all available DTH libraries.

Much obliged

Not really. There’s a subcategory in this forum which is where authors put up a discussion thread for their new code, either beta or released, so if you follow that you’ll see new things appear from time to time. But not everybody posts there and it’s not well categorized.

There’s a quick browse list in the community – created wiki for exactly this purpose, with lists by device class, but no one is quite sure how that’s going to work once the transition to the new platform is completed because, to be honest, we still don’t know how hub-connected device custom code is going to work in that environment. :thinking:

Anyway, try the following and see if it’s of any interest:

https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=How_to_Quick_Browse_the_Community-Created_SmartApps_Forum_Section

2 Likes

That’s helpful nonetheless, thank-you!

Being in IT all my career, researching things for long periods comes as second nature. I find SmartThings as interesting as it is useful so that takes the edge off some of the frustration. :grinning:

1 Like

Give a list what you are looking for and some might can help to find it.

2 Likes

Thanks so much for the offer! I’ll certainly reach out. It seems this group is truly a community.

I’m also ina couple of Audiophile groups (snobby speaker system people) and they can get pretty snarky :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It has its moments, mostly around the “Hub-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named”, otherwise good people.

2 Likes

Do you mean where all the developers moved recently? :wink:

1 Like