Phillips Hue Motion Sensor

Hello all, I went out and bought a Hue bridge and a lot of hue bulbs, couple sensors, etc. When I add the hue bridge/devices to ST, the Hue motion sensor stops working. I never added the motion sensor to ST. It didn’t come up in the list of discovered devices at all. Only the lights and the bridge came up. When I deleted the bridge from ST, all the lights were removed as well and the motion sensor started working again.

Anyone else have this issue?

Okay… I am going to try the custom DTH for this device. I have created/imported the code for the DTH but where is this Phillips Hue motion sensor. I guess what I am asking is, how do I now add the motion sensor to the ST environment?

okay, forget it… Figured it all out :slight_smile:

sensor is working fine with lights now

1 Like

You will get the quickest answers if you ask the questions in the author thread for the device type handler that you are trying to use. The author will automatically be notified when posts are added to the thread, and other people who are using the same code may also be able to help.

So it depends on which DTH you are trying to use. The following is the most popular for that device so if that’s the one you’re using, ask your question in the following thread:

thank you. will go there

1 Like

I did the same as you - added the DTH and published it for me. How do I add the device in Smartthings? Thanks!