Philips Hue bulbs on ST

I have a few Philips Hue White bulbs that I have directly added to ST without the Philips Bridge. The device type is set to ZigBee RGB Bulb. However, the on/off status isn’t always accurate. For example if its on via ST app and then it gets switched off at the switch, this doenst reflect in the App. I have one Hue Ambience RGBW bulb too which is set to ZigBee RGBW Bulb. Same problem with this bulb too.

I have installed the following device handler: “JasonBSteele : Zigbee Hue Lux Bulb” however, if I change device to this then even if the device is not successfully turned on or off, it just changes the status on ST so seems even worse.

Any ideas what will be the correct device handler for these bulbs?

Don’t turn them off!
These bulbs are designed to have a constant power supply.
It’s not so much when you cut the power to them but more when the power is restored - the sudden inrush of current can damage them.
Also… they cannot possibly send their status back to ST if they don’t have power

Switching off the bulb by a switch is the last good idea you want to have.

1. you won’t be able to switch it on without getting to the switch again
  2. switching on the switch will power the bulb on directly. That behavior is also a pain as if your power grid has a problem like here in California when it rains 3 drop at night and you have a temporary outage, then you get your bedroom lighted at 3am when power resunes…
  3. the state of the switch won’t be updated as the bulb is no longer powered and connected as you found.

how to got DNI for the device creation?