Pet door project

The curtain module - I got it working, but I would say that at this point its usage is sub-optimal. First, if you try to use it as is, you can connect it to SmartThings as a Z-wave switch, but what happens if you turn it off or on is that it cycles through all 3 relays, closing them for 1 second each - you get 3 solid clicks out of the box, and one LED will light.

I used code for a somfy blind controller that was in another thread -

The code works as is with the controller, but only kind of sort of. You can reliably control the “Up” relay and the “Down” relay. The third relay is a “Stop” - which you can also control directly, but it also closes on its own on a logic I have not yet figured out. Most of the time, it will close the stop relay after either the Up or Down is triggered. So that means I have not figured out how to use the relay yet.

Elsewhere on the web, this controller (or a clone) is sold by Rollertrol as a way to integrate their blinds with Z-wave and Vera.

The concept there is that they hook the controller up to a wired wall switch. I would guess they have a working plugin or whatever the Vera programs are called. And they sell the controller for $90!

One interesting piece of information that is in the manual for the Curtain Module is that there is a parameter for the number of seconds that the relay will close, from 1-255. In the rollertrol site for the Vera, there is a place in the app to enter the number of seconds for each relay.

There is no doc on how to set that programatically, but while fiddling with the device code I was able to send the parameter to the stop relay so that it would stay closed for 60 seconds, and I did get the up relay to stay closed for 10 seconds, but then I fiddled with it some more, and somehow got it stuck with the 60 seconds on stop, and I couldn’t convince it to do anything else. I had to reset the device to get it back to all relays at 1 second.

The result is at this point, I can reliably control 2 of the relays to close for 1 second on command.