Outdoor valve for a normal water spigot/faucet?

water

(Neal (www.zebrablinds.com / www.zebrablinds.ca)) #1

So I’ve been looking for one for a while and haven’t found anything that meets my requirements.

I have a section of my garden served directly by a water spigot in the back yard. We go there about 2 - 3 times a week and turn the spigot on to water the plants connected to it’s hose. I am looking for something that I can use to turn it on and off on a schedule or ST integration but haven’t found anything rated for outdoor use. Any suggestions?

(Greg) #2

I’m using this. I’m having success with it because of CoRE. I plan to pick up a few more of these. Otherwise it is not reliable.

(Neal (www.zebrablinds.com / www.zebrablinds.ca)) #3

Was going through the thread, my only worry is that I travel quite a lot and the Orbit Sprinkler Timer seems to have problems shutting the valve sometimes.

(Greg) #4

In my testing, even if the unit doesn’t receive the shut off command, it still shuts off in 10 min after the last on command was received. But I understand your point. I have a whole house water shut off that closes when I leave, so it is less of a worry to me.

(Neal (www.zebrablinds.com / www.zebrablinds.ca)) #5

I am actually quite surprised at the lack of options. Might consider a DIY system if I get the time.