Official Ecobee 3 Integration

Hello @santiagodraco ,

If you can read my code, you’ll realize that it is far more advanced than the stock ecobee device. It basically exposes all ecobee features to ST and it’s probably more robust than the stock one too.

EDIT: My code is now available for download at my store:

There are many mechanisms that I’ve put into my code to make sure that any issues with the ST-ecobee cloud-to-cloud integration (there are some connection issues sometimes either on the ST or the ecobee sides) will raise errors/exceptions to the ST end user so that she/he can take some appropriate actions when needed.

In fact, ST and/or ecobee should probably buy my code instead of developping another one and focus on other devices that are not already available to ST users (such as the Iris water shutoff valve).

In brief, my Custom ecobee Device:

(1) Brings more features
(2) Is more robust
(3) Is part of an ecosystem of smartapps that enable you to better control your ecobee device based on other ST devices such as temp, motion, and presence sensors, and even smart vents!

So, I don’t see how an official ecobee3 integration will bring any added value to the ST end users.

It would be a waste of time and money on the ST side. I’ve probably spent more than 1500 hours to develop my Custom Ecobee device and related smartapps…

Why SmartThings would try to redo it again?

So, why a ST user would wait for an official ecobee3 integration?

If they buy my code, then My custom Ecobee Device installation would be even easier for the end users, and everybody would be happy :grinning:

Please support the ST community developers that work hard to make this platform awesome!

Regards

8 Likes