[OBSOLETE] Xioami Zigbee Door/Window Sensor, Motion Sensor, & Smart Button Device Type

That’s right. You’ll need the Mi Home app. Enable developer mode in the Mi App and you will get the Id. Let me get a screenshot. To tell you the truth, I ran both Xiaomi hub and ST at home and i still can’t decide which one to settled on. Xiaomi UI is great and snappy but less integration and customization. ST has great integration but UI and speed performs bad for me.

3 Likes

Thats really awesome info Rave. I will order the gateway right away :slight_smile:

@Rave, which one? I am confused:

Original Xiaomi Upgrade Smart Home WiFi Remote Control Multi-functional Gateway

Or
Original Xiaomi Mi Smart WiFi Remote Control Multi-functional Gateway

I think they’re the same. Just double check with the seller and see if they’re the same as the one in the link below.
http://www.mi.com/wangguan/

Update on the Xiaomi Zigbee Plug. I’ll create a new thread soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Now I’m confused. I ordered a button to try out last week.

I need the Xiaomi Hub to get this working? Same with the window door sensors?

Door Sensor, Button and Motion Sensor pairs okay without Xiaomi hub. The rest will need the hub

What do you mean - “the rest”? Can I pair the temperature sensor using the hub?

No… at least not for me. If you read 10~20 posts above, you’ll get the idea

As promised, here’s the device handler :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @Rave, I read all post, but I cant pairing my Door Sensor and Motion Sensor, could you help me?

Unfortunately, without the xiaomi gateway/hub, you’ll have to try harder.

Try long push the pin (3 sec), then 3~5 times short press. Rinse and repeat or try difference variance. There are no solid way to pair it.

Thank you @rave I will try this and I just order complete Xiaomi kit.

@Rave could you try and see if the plug is a repeater or not ?
I find it weird that the Xiaomi Gateway is not working with a mesh network. That would mean all devices should be in range of the gateway, which makes it all quite limited.

Bummer, the gateway is out of stock everywhere. Needs to get it shipped to Europe.
Will order one as soon as I can.

Keep up the good work Rave.

After 40 minutes I got Door/Window Sensor, Motion Sensor not yet.

On IDE I change type to “Z-Wave Door/Window Sensor” but only show open

@SLKDK
I found Xiaomi Mi Smart Home Gateway 2

http://nis-store.com/sockets-and-sensors/xiaomi-mi-gateway-2/

Shouldn’t that be Zigbee sensor?

Erocm123 created a devicetype for this, maybe give that a try?:

Hi @RInkelk, I newbie, I copy Erocm123 code, created new Device Handler, but I don’t know what the next step…

Newbee here too :slight_smile:

When saved and published the device handler, you should be able to change the type of your device to that one. It should be at the bottom of the list.

Thank you very much, now working.

Now I will try pairing Motion Sensor.