[OBSOLETE] Xioami Zigbee Door/Window Sensor, Motion Sensor, & Smart Button Device Type

Just got around to doing a test for the motion sensor. Using Smart Lighting and a simple turn on light with motion it turned on near instantaneous and almost at a 180 angle to the sensor. The only problem it that it takes a while to be inactive like 2 mins after initial active state.

Other variable was the motion sensor was about 20 feet away from the ST Hub and near open area. Hope that helps

1 Like

Thank you everyone on this thread for sharing your very valuable experiences. I really want to get some of these buttons as they would be awesome to help control various automations and lights around the house. I have ST with a bunch of motion sensors, a couple of multisensors, a few lightify bulbs and a whole load of Hue lights (connected via Hue Hub).

After trawling through nearly all of this thread, I cannot reliably ascertain what steps I need to take and whether I need to buy a hub or not. I think that this is what I need to do:

1. get some devices, and put them into pairing mode, (from the efficient way described on this thread)
  2. Get their ID, (if I have the hub, from their android app, if I donā€™t have their hub, from the ST IDE live-logging)
  3. Get them paired directly with ST (I guess this step is nuanced depending on how I get the ID from number 2)
  4. Start using them!

I know that I have well over simplified this, but if someone could please help to create a step-by-step, that would help immensely - and Iā€™ll get my order in ASAP!

Best regards,
Nitin

@Rave,
I managed to add Temperature Sensor by Network ID. I thought it will discover Zigbee ID after that. But It did not. Kindly tell me how to get Zigbee ID. I can see temperature and humidity on ST app.
Thanks a lot.

Wow, i just realize you do not need Zigbee ID in order to work. Iā€™m not sure what is the consequences but you can use it without device ID (i apologize to the folks who ordered the hub). Check the steps here

4 Likes

Noooā€¦ just ordered the hub!!!

Naahhā€¦ cool you found this! Makes life much easier and i can sell the Hub again.

1 Like

Got some update to the device handler. Now most devices should show battery. Iā€™ll upload soon

7 Likes

@Rave you magnificent bastard, thank you!

3 Likes

Top job @Rave!

Folks, any chance of a little help. Iā€™m using an iPhone. Should I be able to get the temp sensor working? Iā€™ve got the network id ā€œ0050ā€ and Iā€™ve added a device (using the ā€œTemperature Sensorā€ DTH) but it just wonā€™t report temp.

Can someone post an idiotā€™s step by step guide to setting this up please?

Thx

Are you sure youā€™ve got the right network id ? it usually has numbers and characters in it.

Great stuffā€¦ Iā€™m thinking about getting a few more plugs and other things as well (10 window sensors just isnā€™t enoughā€¦). Iā€™ll be getting them directly from Xiaomi and have a forwarder in China to ship it to Vancouver. Anyone in Vancouver wanna join?

Just curious how much cheaper is it coming directly from Xiaomi? Right now Gearbest has the sensors the motion and door sensors for $10-12 and the button for around $8 shipped. Not sure how much cheaper it is to buy them and ship them over.

Although I am interest in their iSmartAlarm Camera clone for like $15-30 bucks.

Well, I bought their package deal of gateway, plug, temp sensor, button PIR sensor package, plus 5 PIR sensors, 2 more buttons, 5 more temp/hum sensors, 10 window sensors.

The total comes to around $250 including DHL shipping to Vancouver. It takes quite a while for them to all gather at the forwarder, but after that it is FASTā€¦

From my calcs, gearbest is actually really good value. I pay ~ $1-2 extra ordering from gearbest vs buying in china direct. The pricing in RMB in china is advertised on their webpage http://list.mi.com/26-0-1

I have 2 of the cube cameras on the way will update on how they go

I had no lucky with my smoke alarm mod. I couldnā€™t get a 5V output from the piezo no matter what I tried. Will take it to work and get a proper oscilloscope on it to see whatā€™s going on.

2 Likes

Does anyone have the temp sensor working who has Hue installed?

yes, no issues.

@Rave you are really awesome. Your fault I have ordered a bunch of Xiaomi sensors :slight_smile:

Looking forward to receiving them :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just reporting back, everything is working and working well, absolutely no disconnection issues.

1 Like

Any update?

My motion sensor and smart button have arrived at the freight forwarder, hoping Iā€™ll have them in hand by Christmas!

Here it is. It is the same implementation from erocm123, except that i added a ā€œHoldable Buttonā€ capability and updated battery reporting.

Battery reporting might not work right away. It took me couple days to get it start reporting. And the value is not exactly accurate. Its about Ā±10%

Was messing with Home Assistant currently, so i did not spend a lot of time on the device handlers. Iā€™ll post the rest once I have updated the handler

3 Likes