[OBSOLETE] Sonoff, Sonoff TH, S20, Dual, 4CH, POW, & Touch Device Handler & SmartApp ($5 & $10 Smart Switches)

Hi, another one for the RF bridge.

How easy would it be to program the device type to use in Smartthings?

Cheers

does anyone know someone that is selling theses "smarthings ready?

Hi all,
First time having a play with sonoff with ST.
I have just flashed the firmware on a TH16 and configured the settings for AM2301, but I donā€™t see temp or humidity either on the config page or in the ST app (I have the sensor firmly connected and have rebooted numerous times). I can switch on/off ok direct from the config page or from the ST app.
Any ideas?

I have a Sonoff TH working fine
Whatā€™s AM2301? Though not heard that.
Are you 100% sure you have the probe connected because I had a issue where I thought I did but it took and extra push and it clicked in a tiny bit more ?
Whatā€™s it reporting on the config page does it say "Null"
Log onto the live log of your device on the IDE and see what it reports when you click refresh.

Great firmware and ST software! Works great and so easy to get going. Good job! I saw a few posts about some people worried about the software doing something oddball or possible botnet. That is super simple to take care of, it took all of 5 seconds to add a firewall rule to deny the device any access outside the home. Not that I was worried about it though.

Now one thing that would be great would be MQTT support in the firmware and it would be perfect. Should be pretty simple to pop in with all the other open source firmware supporting. I do agree if we had the sources the community could continue to add features and such to this firmware and keep things going.

2 Likes

AM2301 is the temperature sensor. Iā€™m sure the socket is fully engaged because Iā€™ve fitted without the cover attached, and still no joy.
This what I see on the config page:

Looks a little different to this:

I seem to be missing a few options for Temperature units and Temperature and Humidity Report Interval

Is there a firmware specific to the TH? Iā€™ve flashed the generic one

Ah yeah forgot thereā€™s different versions of the sensor.
Yeah the Sonoff Th has a different firmware
https://github.com/erocm123/SmartThingsPublic/raw/master/devicetypes/erocm123/sonoff-th-wifi-switch.src/SonoffTH.ino.generic.bin
And you also have to install the device handler

1 Like

That would explain a lot! :man_facepalming:
Thank you

I have a 4ch switch that has been working OK-ish for the past 4 weeks. Had to do a power off/on perhaps once a week but apart from that. all good working to pistons in webCoRE.
Over the past 2 days I have to continually reset it. It will let me control it through the app for around an hour then just go offline.
Anyone else having issues?

@erocm1231, Can you make the buttons of the 4CH be configured as in the 1CH? (Can you select Toggle, Momentary?) (this for the 4Ch and/or the 4CH-Pro)

Iā€™ve flashed 5 got them all running and installed into my ST network without much problems. All most every time, I would have to toggle wifi on my laptop before it would see the sonoff, but it eventually would see it and I would get to the wifi configure page, click configure, put in my credentials, then get to the next page
Credentials Saved
Trying to connect ESP to network.
If it fails reconnect to AP to try again

Iā€™d go to my app and discover. On the 6th one it just wonā€™t discover. Iā€™ve been patient waiting and waiting. Iā€™ve disconnecting power and repeated. Iā€™ve reflashed, and still the same thing. Are there any trickes I can try? I get the same thing on my 7th one too. I am at a loss.

EDIT:
Never mind. As usual, as soon as I post, I figure it out. Turns out my son was having internet issues between sonoff 5 and 6, and I let him restart my router, and I guess my ST didnā€™t come back all the way, so I restarted ST and got my 6th one discoveredā€¦ working on 7 & 8 next.

Thanks,

Iā€™ll continue investigatingā€¦

If you have a problem with the discovering, add it manually and it should find it right away.

Having same issue. Bought some new Sonoff Basics which say Sonnoff TH_V1.1 on the device. Have flashed with TH and basic firmware (Using CMD prompt method) but not showing up and no LED status. Have tried powering with mains but still nothing.

Have tried NodeMCU but only RX led flashed and nothing on the TX.

Have already got an array of older ones working all fine but these nothing! Any ideas?

Just having same issue, so did you use the TH bin file or the normal one? Also how do you reset wifi on sonoff?

With NodeMCU doesnā€™t ever seem to flash device just keeps on flashing RX led whereas ESPEasy does complete the flash successfully.

Hi Everyone,

Iā€™ve just purchased a Sonoff 16a POW from Amazon and I have received a v2 model. When I applied the SonoffTH.ino.generic.bin the device works but I donā€™t have any power consumption data.

However when I tried flashing with the dedicated SonoffPOW.ino.generic.bin I just got the blue led light on permanently.

Is there any firmware available for the v2 POW yet?

Thanks

Simon

I have issues with discovery mode, as it does not recognize even one. However, I have successfully used another DH and it works perfectly with Lyasi wall switches. So the issue is neither SmartThings nor the Sonoffs. When I try to add, I have a list of options, I have a regular 10amp Sonoff wifi smart switch, and Iā€™m not sure which one is that. Also, is there a tutorial that I can look at?

Yes please, yes!

Is it possible to have someone re-program a Sonoff for SmartThings to resell? Or re-flash some that I can furnish, either way works for me. I would like to purchase several. Either I can furnish the regular factory flashed units or buy your re-flash units.

Iā€™m just a lame end user this re-flashing stuff is all above my pay grade.
I understand Sonoff has a US wall plug is that item re-flash possible?

I can do PayPal, Visa whatever.

HI, finally bit the bullet and flashed it. J3 are the correct pins, GPIO0 (Pin 15 according to the data sheet) is the pin just above the ā€˜0ā€™ of R10.
Iā€™ve flashed it with both Nodemcu and ESPEasy. Both successful, both allowed me to connect to the Sonoff AP and enter my WiFi details :grin::+1:
Thatā€™s where the good news ends. For the life of me I canā€™t get it to control the two switches. Itā€™ll control the left one of the two touch pads, but the right hand doesnā€™t show up in devices and canā€™t be controlled, it no longer responds to touch control either :face_with_raised_eyebrow: Meaning I can only turn on half my kitchen lights, the wife isnā€™t impressed.
Iā€™ve a horrible suspicion that only the single touch is supported, not the dual. Can anyone confirm this or help me? (@erocm1231) Iā€™ve installed the latest app and device handlers from the GIT.

Hi, thanks for the reply, the 2 gang switch doesnā€™t have the esp mounted on a daughter board like the 1 gang. If you look at the photo, the esp is directly soldered to the board now. Which made flashing a little tricky with GPIO0 lol

Did you ever get a 3 way, I noticed in a previous post you were waiting for one? Iā€™ve flashed my 2 gang switch with the Touch firmware, but it only controls one of the two channels?