[OBSOLETE] Sonoff, Sonoff TH, S20, Dual, 4CH, POW, & Touch Device Handler & SmartApp ($5 & $10 Smart Switches)

were you able to load the firmware on the eco plugs and control them in ST?

Did you get the S20 to work? If so which DT did you use?

No - I havnā€™t tried that yet.

good day;
I find a fault in the software due to a power outage where the wifi signal is turned off and when the router is restarted and sonoff, the latter when not finding the wifi network, is automatically configured to the default network of sonoffxxxx And requires you to configure this again

Can the firmware be modified to retain the configured network even after a power failure?

Which sonooff devices are officially working?

I find when the device looses network connection a reboot of the device is needed to reconnect. Is there a way for the device to reboot it self after a certain amount of time?

Hi,

When electricity is off for some time, after it is back, these sonoff switches do not connect to the previous wifi easily. I have to setup again with wifi ssid and password.
How can we set it so it connects automatically ?

Mine behave correctly in those situations. I have all of my sonoff connected after a wall switch so all of them get disconnected from electricity when I turn them off from the wall switch. As I said all of them connect to my home wifi after I switch them on from the wall.

My only problem is that sometimes (1 out of 3 or 4), when switching them on from the wall switch sometimes they do not switch on automatically (I have all of them to switch on after boot) but turning them off and then on from the wall usually fixes that.

Hi.

I am quite new to the whole smart home world. Just finished the setup for my SmartThings (starter kit) and Amazon Echo - so far so good. I was looking to get more devices for the house and they all quite pricey when I found the Sonoff switch. I have been reading this thread and firstly I want to say thank you and good job for devising a way to integrate them with SmartThings.

My only problem is that the tutorial of how to flash a new firmware is quite technical and I am wondering if any one of you guys will make a video tutorial/photos step by step for the beginners too?

Thank you!

Check the link in the first post of this thread to my How-To for the H801, Itā€™s very nearly identical.

Thank you for your reply.
I fond some instructions here about flashing a new firmware to sonoff - does it look right?

As I will be doing a home refurb in the summer, my plans are to install one of this switches just before any socket, behind the plaster wall (depending if I manage to flash them). That way all the sockets and the switches become smart at a low cost. Would you think there might be some issues with heat maybe, or wifi signal?

thanks.

Putting these in wall is a bad idea, they are not certified for that. Any inspector would have a heart attack I think if they saw thatā€¦

Those instructions seem right at least up to the boot in firmware mode part, then it goes in Ardueno so not relevant here, but same basic principle.

Got this flashed onto my sonoff S22ā€™s that have been sitting around doing not a lot since I got them. They are the narrow one with a chinese (so fits into AU socket) plug on one side and the blue AU and combo EU/2 pin US socket on the other side of it.

Flashing was easy, setup was also painless.

Buuutā€¦ When I opened it I found that they had wired the relay in between the neutrals, with the active connected straight thru and also had used green and yellow cables on the active (which should have been neutral) and a black earth wire. I was able to pop the pins out on the plug side and swap them over, and the socket side soldered easily enough with my cheap-arse USB powered soldering iron since my good one is put away so I fixed the polarity issues but still have the wrong wire colours in there.

Between these and the RGBW controllers there are some really really cheap ways of controlling lighting. One of the RGBWs will be finding its way into the garden to let me zone off some of the LED lighting which at the moment is all coming on together. Not using the RGBW stuff, just using it as 5 dimmable 12v outputs. One of the S22ā€™s will be put in place to cut power to all the lighting and audio amps and water feature when not needed.

1 Like

@erocm1231 or anyone get the S20 working? $12.86 hereā€¦ https://www.itead.cc/smart-home/smart-socket.html

I have a s20 here as well as the S22 that I have flashed.

The S22 worked fine, but the internal wiring leaves a lot to be desired.

I am yet to open the S20 up. Perhaps tonight I will get around to it.

I have a number of the basic Sonoff devices flashed and working great with ST thanks to this handler.

Has anyone had a crack at flashing the Sonof Touch?

Iā€™ve the same problem.
I think that the problem is that the switches start before than the wifi is on, then they think that the wifi is not available, and then they go in the ā€œsetup modeā€.
Usually (but not always) after I connect to them Iā€™ve just to to reboot them because they already have the right settings.

I think that the solution would be that, if the switches canā€™t connect to the configured wifi, they try to connect every X minutes

@erocm1231 do you think that it is possible to add this feature?

Hello, Do You need a hub to connect the sonoff to smartthings?
The smartthings app cant find my sonoff, I have no hub. it is not yet available in the Netherlands.
My sonoff is well connected to my router.

A SmartThings hub is required.

Hi there folks. Really happy to see Sonoff support for Smartthings.

I think Iā€™m having trouble getting my Sonoff into flash mode.

After I run the command ā€˜esptool.exe -vv -cd nodemcu -cb 115200 -cp COM3 -ca 0x00000 -cf Sonoff.ino.generic.binā€™

I get ā€™ waring: espcomm_sync failed
error: espcomm_open failedā€™

I am pretty sure I have the Sonoff hooked up to my FTDI adapter correctly (I soldered a header on to make sure I get good contact) and Iā€™m holding the button on the Sonoff when I plug the FTDI adapter into my PC. The LED on the Sonof blinks steadily a few times and then will speed up to a faster blink before going solid.

Any help will be great appreciated. :slight_smile: