[OBSOLETE] MyQ Lite Door and Lamp Control (for Liftmaster/Chamberlain)

Thanks again for your message. My system is less than a year old so I started with the new app. It sounds like your transition required hours of work. Now my issue sounds small. I noticed that there is a new version of the Smart App. I updated that and will wait a day to see if that helps. If not, I will remove and reinstall.

Thanks again,
Cheryl

I got it working. I think what worked was clicking on MyQ Lite and going through the set up again.

I have migrated to the new ST and Iā€™m having an issue setting up a scene to close all of my garage doors (All closed). I have tried every combination possible, but the result is the same. When I run the scene, it acts like an opener for all doors, it will close and open them, not just close. Any ideas welcome!
0342f3eb5b55e68ea8a010b0d8af468484506778_2_230x500

I migrated to the new app last night and the doors are not working in the new appā€¦ old app is still fineā€¦ is there a trick to make them work in the new app?

I think mine migrated over, but have you tried reconfiguring through the MyQ Lite app?

You may need to remove the existing garage doors and recreate them through the MyQ smartapp in the ST app.

Iā€™m honestly not sure how well any of this will work in scenes right now. I suggest you try this in a SmartLighting rule - thatā€™s how my garage automations are set up right now. Should be much simpler to do what youā€™re wanting.

1 Like

OK, I Understand. Please see the message regarding the opener types in the app I sent the other day.

The ā€œALL Closedā€ scene is just a luxury I can live without for a while.

Thanks again for all you do for us with MyQ Lite!

Iā€™m going to try thatā€¦ The migration sucksā€¦ Now ā€œHey Google Close the West Garage Doorā€ Brings me up a list of companies who can fix broken garage doors in my townā€¦

Mine works great in the new app scenes but my UI is different than the above screenshot. Iā€™m on IOS.

SmartApp v3.1.4
DoorDevice v3.2.0

Smartthings App v.1.6.51-435
IOS 13.6.1

All the same here. I agree about the UI, I have one door that the scene will work on. It looks like this:

Is that what yours looks like? The rest of my doors look like the screenshot you are referring to. I messaged Brian but havenā€™t received a reply about the difference. If my other four looked like this I donā€™t believe I would have any issuesā€¦

Yes, that image above is exactly like mine. I have two doors attached to the MyQ Lite smartapp and both look like that in the new UI. Both also work with the new app scenes.

Perhaps try removing the ā€˜brokenā€™ doors from the MyQ Lite app and then re-add them? Maybe they are stuck using an older DTH or something and re-adding them will clear it up.

@brbeaird (or anyone who knows) can you comment on which in the newer ā€œopenerā€? If I delete existing and reconfigure the door in the app which will I get? Iā€™m running the latest version. Iā€™m hesitant to just try because the devices are involved in so many other things it will create a lot of work if unsuccessfulā€¦

You need to use the @ before the user name in order for them to receive your tag. But I doubt he will respond to a custom app question :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you. Sorry, been fighting migration issues so much it was just habitā€¦

Wellā€¦ I tried it. I deleted the door opener, went into the app and reconfigured everything. I still have the same type of opener that doesnā€™t like ā€œAll Closedā€.

Have you tried to do all-closed via SmartLighting rule?

I have. I created a Smart Lighting automation that has all 5 openers in it. My choice is on/off, no close option. I chose on. I then activated it with a virtual switch.

Problem is, if some doors are closed (and I want to close them all) it opens the ones that were closedā€¦

If I create a Scene with the one door that has a different UI (Opener Garage South Door) I have the option to say IF open THEN close. I can run the scene multiple times and it will not open the door, only close it.

When I try to do the same with the other four I am presented with different UI that doesnā€™t allow me to do that (The UI for them look like the picture a few posts previous named Opener Garage North Door). If itā€™s open it closes and vise versa.

I know this seems trivial that I want ability to control all at once. I want to insure all doors are closed in some scenes. In addition, Itā€™s just really nice to hit one button and close two, three, or four doors. I used to be able to do it in Classicā€¦ I donā€™t understand why the one door that will work properly in the scene has a different UI than the other four.

Hi,

Iā€™m unable to control my MyQ garage door from the new smartthings app.

Tried the following:

1. deleted garage door from MyQ and smartthings,
  2. updated device handler and smart app to latest,
  3. added back garage door in MyQ, then smartthings.

Symptoms:

• Able to control garage door from MyQ.
  • MyQ Smart app in new smartthings app is able to connect to MyQ to enumerate and add devices.
  • But cannot control the garage door from the new smartthings app
  • But can control the same garage door from the old app.

UI in new app:

UI in old app:

Smart app version: MyQ Lite v3.1.4.
Device handler version: 3.2.0

Mine is working fine in the new app. I noticed you are using the version without contact sensors. I believe I read somewhere there is an issue with that ā€œsensorlessā€ version not working right in the new app

I have the virtual IFTTT controlled contact sensors, which are nice because you know the status of the door, and donā€™t have to buy a sensor. A bit complex to setup but good instructions here