[OBSOLETE] MiHome (Connect) V2.0.1 [Energenie] (not Xiaomi MiHome)

You have to use the hub. It doesn’t use ZigBee or Z Wave so you can’t connect directly.

1 Like

Ok thanks, Back to the drawing board i has i don’t really want more clutter with another hub.

Hi everyone,

It has taken me all day to try and get to a point where I think I can log on to the smarthings IDE, and I get very little spare time.

I have no chance of working out how to make this a smartapp.

Would anybody be willing to create and install this for me and what would you charge?

I couldn’t do it without you log on details.
Search how to creat apps and dh

Tip
Once on github click raw
Ctl a
Ctrl c to copy

Hi I’m new to SmartThings

I’m probably one of the few that bought and uses the mihome relay - which I use for a bathroom extractor fan normally through IFTTT and Alexa mostly

Using the device handlers on this topic my double in wall plug sockets picked up no problem
And my light switch too so that was great

I’m not sure if anyone has experience with the relay switch at all? Sorry to ask (especially if it’s simple)

Have you tried adding it as a socket?

when I use the MIhome connect it already brings through my wall sockets - I can add all the other device handlers in for mihome devices, but had only loaded light switch and wall sockets so far
I’ll give the other device handlers a go and see if it helps

Nope no extra devices pulled through, thanks anyway

Second note - also tried changing the device sub group on the mihome portal to choose both - smartplug and smart lightswitches - but that didn’t help me either - my wall sockets are in the plug group for example but didn’t pull through
I’m thinking the device identifier just isn’t in any of the device handlers as it’s not even one of their more popular products (but had the suitable Wattage needed for the extractor compared to a standard switch)

Think I need get into the api and pull back the device list then look further at least they document the API :slight_smile:

Anyone else having trouble with this smart app recently? Since yesterday I’ve not been able to control my Energenie devices from Smartthings, Alexa and it’s own app works fine. When I go to check my authentication it comes up with a near blank screen and a “next” button at the bottom, if I click that it says it’s having trouble connecting and freezes the screen.

Mine stopped working yesterday as well.

Yes very same issue here. Are you using iOS OR Android devices ?

Android for me, but as this runs in Samsung’s cloud it may not be an OS issue, I’m guessing something has changed with the way authentication is working on MiHome rest api?
Don’t know a great deal how the groovy apps work so I’m going to move my devices to using virtual switches and using Alexa routines to communicate between Smartthings and MiHome.

Thanks I’ve tried logging it with Energenie support

Any Luck with your support query. Mine is also stopped working same issue while authenticating.

Yep same issue. :frowning:

Have a fix for this. Will publish shortly.

EDIT: Fixed and published. MiHome (Connect) v2.0.3

Go into setup and click the section that says Tap to reset authentication.

3 Likes

Hi Alex,

Please find the screenshot for your reference.

Device status is not getting updated.

Hi Alex,

Its nice to see you after a long time on the coomunity thread. Thanks for the fix on the authentication error.
I have updated your fix and removed and re installed the smart apps. I am able to see and select the MIhome ETRVs and added to the smartthing app.

But, I am not able to set or update the temperature in the device. Its throwing error and I believe its not pulling any device state or changes from MIHome API.

Regards,
Sundar

I’m having the same issue, the authentication fix worked, but the ETRVs are no longer responding in Smartthings, either to updates from the MiHome app, or trying to change settings in the Smartthings app.

Not tried the sockets/light switches as I’d already moved these over to a virtual device and Alexa method

@Alyc100 Hi Alex thanks for the fix you posted i did actually get mine working a couple of days before by changing the references to TLS version in the smart app code to 1.2 instead of 1.1, I have no knowledge of coding just looked up the error messages as best i could so was wondering what the difference is between how you fixed it and what i did.

Thankks
Steve

1 Like

Thanks for the fix