[OBSOLETE] GE Z-Wave Plus Portable Motion Sensor (34193)

Version 1.0.1: GE Z-Wave Plus Portable Motion Sensor (34193)

I am pleased to announce the re-release (under new ownership by me) of the GE Z-Wave Motion Sensoer DTH (Device Type Handlers)! Special thanks to @jwillaz for the original DTH

This device is a simple and portable motion sensor that does one job…detect motion. This device is unique in that it can use battery or USB power (you will have to unpair and re-pair the device if you change power).

This DTH gives you the basic functionality and allows for custom settings like showing motion with a flash of the light, the sensitivity of the motion detected or the ‘timeout’ between motion and no motion between 1 min to 60 minutes.

This is almost a complete revamping of version 1.0.0 released by @jwillaz. Below is the change log. There are no programming interface settings for this device as it usually requires you to press the button on the back for the setting to load to the device.

Change Log

• Optimized the interface to show the battery within the top motion area
  • Removed parameter 6 as it appears to have been a mistake in the DTH and does not work
  • Removed parameter 20. This is only for inclusion to your hub, which is redundant to set if you have already paired it. This setting can also be set with the button on the back of the device.
  • Better error handling of incorrect settings
  • Added toggle instead of numeric entry for LED

Installation
Installation instructions for these DTH is here:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=GE_Z-Wave_Motion_Sensor

Support

• Feel free to use this thread to get support so I or other community members can assist you.
  • When evaluating new features I will typically ask for a valid use case. If it can be used by others to bring them value I will put it on my list of future revisions. Not all suggestions will be used and many times I add aspects of the request.
  • There are no dumb questions, but many of the questions you may have were probably answered in the forum and instructions. Please take some time to go through the forum and the wiki if you have issues. And don’t be offended if I give you the specific area of the manual that answers your question. I have spent almost as much time on the documentation as I have on the app.
  • If you find a bug or a consistent crash please help me track it down by giving me repeatable steps to reproduce it. A non-reproducible bug, many times, indicates other areas that may be at fault besides the DTH. If you watch the live logging and see a red error with a line number, that is very helpful to me!

As always, I appreciate any public accolades or even donations to my PayPal account: https://www.paypal.me/mstruck . However, neither of these are required to use the DTHs.

Enjoy.

6 Likes

Thank you for your work on this project. Is this intended to work with the new SmartThings App or just the SmartThings Classic. I have a SmartThings Hub V.3 with the SmartThings App but would be willing to donate via PayPal if this was ported to the new version and it works.

This should work with the hub 3.0 and smartapp…I have neither, but the code required for the new app is already in there.

Let me know if this is contrary to what you are seeing.

Thank you for the quick reply. I may have a bad device then. I have tried the default device handler and this one and still cannot see any motion registered from the device in the SmartThings app except for when the device is originally added to the Hub. I have done a reset on the device and also removed the device from the hub using the exclusion process and then added it again testing by using both device handlers.

I also received this just today from GE/Jasco…

Thank you for contacting Jasco Products Company. Looking into the product, it looks like for those two hubs, our 34193 is not fully integrated to the hubs. What that means that it will only work the ON/OFF feature and not the motion sensing. There is not much that can be done on our end that will change that. It is entirely up to the hub manufacturer to fully integrate it.

If you need further assistance, you can contact us
by e-mail at support@byjasco.com
phone at 1-800-654-8483
Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. CST.
To respond, please select “Reply” in your e-mail software, and be sure that the past e-mail is included in this reply.

If you need to reply, please be sure to include in your message all information from prior e-mail messages & replies. If your e-mail client automatically deletes prior e-mail thread information, it will cause a delay while we look up your support history. If this is the case you may want to save the old e-mails as attachments and attach them to the current e-mail. Ticket number for this email is 415732.

After doing more research there appears to be multiple versions of this Motion Sensor. This may have something to do with whether or not this works or doesn’t.

1 Like

I bought two of these. One would pair but not detect motion, the other worked fine. Did the usual routine, unpair, factory reset, 3x ,and still didn’t work. Exact same model, and version. I guess there was a firmware mess up on some.
It IS in the list of devices for the new app.

This device is rather simple…it should either work or not…does the light flash on the device itself? Quite honestly it could be defective device.

Yeah, I sent one back. It did flash blue, to signal pairing, but one of them wouldn’t show motion. I was really addressing the Jasco/GE comment. It is integrated into the hub and new software.