[OBSOLETE] Aeon SmartStrip Device Handler

I’ve been out of ST for a little while, are there any instructions on connecting this strip to ST?

Hi all. Brand new to ST (just got the hub today) and I needed to make this power-strip work (actually 2 of them). I got this all going finally and have virtual switches set up. I only have one problem:

• Both strip act the same way.
  • When I switch outlet 1 there is a short delay and then the rest of the outlets on that strip powers up sequentially.
  • This happens with the standard as well as 2 different device handlers I installed.
  • Sometimes turning outlet 1 off does the same for the rest, sometimes not (seems linked to device handler version).
  • If I power up #2 or others everything is normal.
  • After outlets turn themselves on, I can still control them with their respective virtual switch - hit on and nothing happens (already on) and off turns them off.

Any suggestions?

Hi Eric,

I am trying to update my Aeon handler with your 2017 version but when I tried to create the smartapp from the code, it generated the following error. Can you help? Thanks!

No signature of method: script_app_metadata_6f6a8366_a0b1_42cd_85f1_8ac6a787dd1a.metadata() is applicable for argument types: (script_app_metadata_6f6a8366_a0b1_42cd_85f1_8ac6a787dd1a$_run_closure1) values: [script_app_metadata_6f6a8366_a0b1_42cd_85f1_8ac6a787dd1a$_run_closure1@4311e38f] Possible solutions: getMetadata(), getState(), setState(java.lang.Object), metaClass(groovy.lang.Closure)

Make sure you are creating a device handler not a SmartApp.

1 Like

Oooops :stuck_out_tongue: Thanks Nezmo!

1 Like

has anyone looked into creating/converting this into a composite DTH? ST seemed to have promised us they’d do this for us but seems to have fallen off the edge of the earth on that one…especially now that this thing is discontinued, the zooz zen20 thing seems to have gotten more official love…

I’m guessing it might be worth skipping the tile auto-creation for the switches because it probably can’t handle the wattage/output display as nicely as the current DTH. maybe we can just add in the bits for the composite device creation and call it done?

OK so I did that. I basically copied a buncha the bits from the zen20 strip. I converted the existing 1-4 switch tiles to be just a dumb status tile like 5-6, then i used the child outlets to display the switches for 1-4. it’s not quite as pretty, but now you don’t need the virtual device stuff anymore! it will natively create Aeon SmartStrip Outlet Ch1 through 4 automatically in addition to the main switch device now.

1 Like

When using it in conjunction with smart lighting I get this:

java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property ‘location’ on null object @line 74 (df)

1 Like

Thanks for this!

I am able to get this to work and show the 4 outlets on the SmartThings Classic app, but in the new SmartThings app, it just shows a single power toggle to control the entire power strip.

I tried binding to the power strip too but the SmartThings Classic app won’t let you create anything new.

Any suggestions?

Install the virtual device sync app and its required device handlers and use the app to create virtual devices for each endpoint.

Wondering this myself…

Did you try to use the virtual device sync app mentioned above?