[OBSOLETE] Aeon Labs Aeotec Doorbell

If anyone else is seeing the switch.on event get triggered when the alarm or beep commands are played or when you play a track with the play command, please let me know.

@krlaframboise I’m using the new Aeotec Doorbell v 1.8 released yesterday without any issues :grinning: This version is able to use the included Aeotec button separately as a trigger and is recognized by other programs such as CoRE. So far so good! (I am using a NuTone button wired to a door sensor to trigger doorbell play for longer range)

Other improvements include non-secure pairing support and audio notification capability. Thanks for such a creative app!

@krlaframboise

Noob Here…

I just picked up one of the Aeon Labs ZW056 z-wave doorbell and just wanted to confirm which DTH I should be using. The Doorbell DTH is the correct one to use?

Thank you!

This is the right one, “Aeotec Doorbell” in the top post. This DTH is the newer version born from Aeon Multifuction Doorbell.

When pairing, try to get it to pair securely by pushing twice or multiple times on the unit’s button. But, if it doesn’t this DTH will still handle it.

What is the best way to implement this with core? I used control a siren then play a track. Is track Uri the track number?

This is what I use for my hourly clock chime. Yes, Siren will find the doorbell.

See this post for more track info

Crap. Now mine isn’t playing anything. The light turns on but no sound. Anyone have that issue? I changed the volume up and down but no change.

I am looking to buy a siren but this looks like a much better option. How is the volume? I have seen the decibel level difference but I have nothing to base it off of. Will this be sufficient for a 2 story house? Also, with this device handler, can you hook up two of these to function off one button using CoRE? I think it would be worth having one on each floor. Lastly, how does this sound with a voice recording being it doesn’t look to do TTS?

Did you just update the DTH or did it randomly stop working?

Usually if the light comes on, but it doesn’t make a sound, it’s because the track you’re trying to play doesn’t exist.

Is it not playing through the mobile app or through SmartApps?

Are you seeing any errors in live logging?

Not sure what’s going on. If I issue I play track it works, but from the dh buttons it does not. So it’s not really an issue I guess.

[quote=“jmiele4, post:51, topic:39166, full:true”]
I am looking to buy a siren but this looks like a much better option.[/quote]
I don’t have a Sonos or anything, this is by far my favorite device.

[quote=“jmiele4, post:51, topic:39166, full:true”]
How is the volume? I have seen the decibel level difference but I have nothing to base it off of. Will this be sufficient for a 2 story house?[/quote]
I have a 2 story house and when it’s on the loudest setting, I have no problem hearing it on the second floor through closed doors, but it’s located near the bottom of the stairs and I have a quiet household.

The sounds that the device comes with aren’t loud at all, but if you use your own mp3s, you can make it a lot louder.

[quote=“jmiele4, post:51, topic:39166, full:true”]
Also, with this device handler, can you hook up two of these to function off one button using CoRE?[/quote]
When the doorbell button is pressed, the DTH raises the switch.on and button.pushed events. You can also simulate the button being pushed by executing the switch.on command.

That allows you to use CoRE, SHM, Smart Lighting, etc. to setup a rule that turns on the second device when the first device turns on.

Two is better because with one, it’s typically too loud on one floor and not loud enough on the other floor.

I used IVONA to generate all my mp3s and they’re clear and easy to understand, but there are some limitations.

You need to use an application like Audacity to add at least 200ms silence to the end of your tracks or they’ll get cut off.

I found that when the device started talking, I often didn’t catch the first few words because I wasn’t expecting it. I tried repeating the tracks, but that got really annoying so I ended up adding a tone to the beginning of all my tracks.

I use a different tone based on whether it’s an alert or just a message like the laundry being done. Examples

So it’s working through SmartApps, but if you open the device from the mobile app, you can’t get it to play?

Are you sure the preference is set to a track that exists?

Try free Audacity to capture custom speech generated with SpeakIt! It has settings for accent, etc.

Mmmm, I might switch to IVONA, didn’t know about them, sounds pretty good!

https://www.ivona.com/

Having an issue with mine. I was able to add it to SM and using the Aeotech Doorbell DTH. cannot seem to get any audio from any of the three options, doorbell, beep or alarm.

when I first plug it into power, it beeps but thats it. when i press either three of the buttons on my phone, the siren lights up, and the phone app lights up and I can barely hear a faint tick. Like it wants to produce sound.

I have set all of the volume sliders to the middle just to make sure that it wasn’t too faint to hear.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks

Was it working and then stopped or did you just get the device?

Did you install this DTH before adding the device?

Which version of the hub are you on?

Open live logging in the IDE, then open the device settings in the mobile app, enable “Enable debug logging?” if it’s not already, then tap “Done”.

That should force the settings to get sent to the device and it will show whether or not the device has been paired securely.

I just got it, already had the dth installed before adding the device and I’m on a V2 hub.

Enable debug logging is on, and i have opened up live logging…

Looking now…

it does say in the live loging that secure commands is disabled. Is this my problem?

thanks

Can you post the Live Logging ouput?

That was a problem in the past, but with this version of the DTH it should work secure or non-secure.

If you want it paired securely, remove the device and then when you add it again, press the action button multiple times.

dangit… I got click happy and cleared the log…! I will try and add it secure and see if I can get to to pair. if not I’ll post up the logs. Thanks again for your help!