Notification Door Unlocked while no one home?

So I have tried to figure it out, and looked online as well. I can’t seem to find anything for when my wife and I are not home, that when the front door becomes unlocked receive a notification/text message. It seems like such a simple task to ask. I see it is possible for sensors but not for locks. I want this for when family enters my home (so not a break in, ie: kids).

Thanks,
Russ

You can set up a custom monitoring rule in Smart Home Monitor. I use it all the time.

1 Like

I have a simple CoRE rule that does exactly that.

I need it to be something like this. If no one is home and door unlocks notify me. I just see when door unlocks during time frame and day notify me. I mostly need this feature to avoid having a day off and constantly get notified.

Where do I get this?

https://community.smartthings.com/t/core-for-dummies-how-to-get-started-and-make-your-first-piston/55214

Search for “core” and you’ll find several other guides as well.

2 Likes

As an alternative (if you aren’t already using CoRE for anything else), you can set up that same rule in Smart Home Monitor. I have it set to notify me if the entry door locks/unlocks if the house mode is in any “away”-type mode (away, vacation, etc). If you already have presence-detection controlling modes this would be easy to set up.

2 Likes

I went ahead and did this. I guess I didn’t understand the usage of modes and only was using one mode. This will work out great I believe. Thanks!

1 Like