Nodon wall switch

Hi I’m quite new to smartthings and having trouble configuring the nodon wall switch. I have used the device handler linked from nodon.fr web page and it looks okay in the classic app, but the problem is that I can’t seem to find a way to assign anything to the buttons.

Hi @Jensg,

Welcome to SmartThings!

If this device properly showed up, it should look like some type of button controller. You can validate by checking in the IDE for your device. You should see something like this for current states:

This is for my 4 button Aeon Minimote

In the Classic app, it should look like this:

To assign functions/action to each of those buttons, go to the Marketplace in the Classic app. You get there by tapping on Automation at the bottom, then SmartApps, then scroll to the bottom and select Add a SmartApp. Next, scroll all the way down and select More. You’ll see the app called Button Controller at the top.

When you go to install and set this up, you should see 5 devices for that switch. 1 main device, and 4 buttons. Something similar to what mine looks like for my Minimote devices:

Select the main device, not the individual button, which in the example above would be “Downstairs Minimote”. When you do that, you’ll be given options to configure each button and what it controls.

I think once you try this you’ll see what I mean. Give that a try and let us know how it goes.

The new Samsung Connect app would be a different process if you decide to try that app instead.

1 Like

In case this helps anyone looking at it:

1 Like

Quick follow up question. Is there any device handlers that unlocks the ability to use the long press function. Don’t seem to work with the dth from nodon.

Is this working on h V3 hub with the new app? I cant get it working at all :frowning:

1 Like

I am using the nodon wall switch with the smart lightning app. You cannot just go to the button and setup an automation like you would with i.e. The smartthings button. I also believe that you have to use the smartthings classic app to “install” the smart lighting app

SmartLighting is an official feature which is available in both the classic app and the new V3 app.

The only trick in the new V3 app is that instead of using the + in the upper right for “add automation“ you have to use the three horizontal line icon in the upper left and then choose smartapps. You should see smartlighting there. :sunglasses:

SmartLighting automations are separate from the other automations because the SmartLighting automations are eligible to run locally on the hub itself.

It is also referred to as “smart lights” in some of the documentation, but it’s the same feature.

I don’t know what I am doing wrong but not having any joy with this…

Added the remote as a generic device, swapped it to the Nodon device handler (listed on their website) installed the SmartLighting app and after a while the 4 buttons appeared as selections in the app and created the rule - but nothing happens…

If I check in the Classic app I can see the button pushes (1,2,3,4) registering in the ‘recently’ log for the device.

Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong?

Still cannot get this working :frowning:

The remote appears in the app after pairing and I can see the individual button pushes (1,2,3,4) in the device event log in the IDE - but the device is not showing as having four buttons (in either new or classic app) so I cant program them using the smart app in either (I can program the one button that does get shown in the app - and it works when programmed)

I have completely removed and added the device again, removed and recreated the device handler, and rebooted the hub. Still nothing.

I am not using the device handler from nodon, but another one that I found on github. https://github.com/anderssv/smartthings-code/blob/master/devicetypes/smartthings-f12-no/nodon-wall-switch.src/nodon-wall-switch.groovy

This makes the wall switch a lot smarter. Just remember that double tap on the switch is mapped as button 5 to 8.

Thanks Jens,

I tried the DTH and I am getting the same thing - only one button is picked up. Its either the devices themselves (I have two of them) or something I am doing wrong in adding them.

I add them to the controller as a generic zwave device then swap the DTH once they are added. is there a better way to do this?

Also, in the IDE should I be seeing the buttons as child devices (because I am not)

Hm. I’m not exactly sure. I don’t know if there is any trouble with the dth or the inclusion. When I set it ut i also just used a generic zwave device and changed the device handler afterwards.

How are you setting up the automations for the button, pc or phone?.
At least for me when i use the smartthings app on my phone I cannot do anything with the wall switch unless I use the smart lighting app (or the button controller app)

When I’m using the smart lighting app i chose the devices I want to control and then I choose button as trigger. Then i can choose from eight different buttons.

This is the recipe I used for it to work.

Thanks Jens

I used the same guide. I have been using the Smartthings app on my phone to set things up and the smart lighting app to do the control.

The issue is that the smart lighting app only shows one button on the remote - even though the individual button (1,2,3,4) presses are registered in the logs…

I am at the point now where they are going to go on eBay and I will buy a Aeotec 4 button nanomote!

News just in - I installed the ABC app and used it to manually configure that the remote had 4 buttons - and I can now program it using the classic and ABC.

The Smartlighting app and default UI still only show one button though.

Hi ijhammo,

I’m having the same issue. What is the “ABC app” you are referring to?

Thanks
Victor

Hi Victor,

Advanced Button Control - here

Helped get mine working

Could someone please post the Github code as the link NoDon provided no longer works?

1 Like

Thanks Jens. Much appreciated.

I have created and published the handler but can only see the device as ‘‘connected’’ within Smarthings. There are no buttons or switches that I can toggle.

Is there an updated guide I can follow? Cheers!