*** No longer supported *** [RELEASE] Resilient My Ecobee Devices and ecosystem V6- migrated to custom capabilities & automation (presence, comfort settings, and more)!

If you’ve tried to re-login at ecobee w/o success because of a temporary issue, then you may have lost your auth tokens in the process, so just make sure to follow all the steps at the readme, and re-login when your ST account is back to normal.

Regards

P.S. In my case, I haven’t lost my auth tokens for more than 2 years, and My ecobee was resilient despite all the different ecobee elevated errors statuses in the last week…

Again, I am not the only one have this issue, other people on a different app are as well. This is what happens when I try to log in.

9:09:17 PM: error org.apache.http.conn.ConnectTimeoutException: Connect to api.ecobee.com:443 [api.ecobee.com/216.220.61.235] failed: connect timed out @line 802 (callback)

Why are you asking me to read the readme? This should be as simply as entering in my login and password, but it is not working.

This is a connection timeout from the ecobee APIs, and My ecobee is fully capable of handling it…

I’m asking you to refer to the readme if you have any ecobee login issues.

If you have only ecobee connection timeout issues, then you have to wait for the ecobee outages to be over… This is not related to my code per se…

I need your assistance to tell me what the issue is. When I hit refresh on the Thermostat this is what the Live logging shows. So do I have a token issue or is this an api issue? if it is a token issue, how do I correct that?

I just told you that you have ecobee timeout issues based on what you posted…

Sorry, but it’s getting late here on the East Coast…I have to sign out.

P.S. If you have issues under your ST account since 12h59 pm , then you may need to re-login when the ecobee outage is over. My code can recover any outage that lasts less than 24 hours; after that, the refresh tokens are no longer valid (and this is standard behavior according to the ecobee APIs.).

Hi,

Just want to inform my contributors that new minor versions of MyEcobeeInit (v3.5.2) & ecobeeRemoteSensorInit (v2.8.2) can be downloaded at my e-commerce solution provider (sellfy) using the original download link or your sellfy account provided that you’ve followed the update procedure indicated at my store (under the terms of service).

If you’re are a contributor to one of my support packages (and I have access to your ST account), the minor upgrade has already been done for you. You don’t need to do anything, everything has been taken care of.

The minor versions just allow better polling (higher refresh rates) and corrects some minor UI issues.

This is not a mandatory update.

Just as a reminder, several smartapps are available with my custom DTH. Among others, there are some smartapps to calculate and cumulate the ecobee runtime stats for more precise comfort & energy tips. Refer to the ecobeeGenerateStats below:

My Ecobee DTH is available at my store:

Regards.

1 Like

Hi,

Just want to inform my contributors that a new version (v5.9.9y.6) can be downloaded at my e-commerce solution provider (sellfy) using the original download link or your sellfy account provided that you’ve followed the update procedure indicated at my store (under the terms of service).

If you’re are a contributor to one of my support packages (and I have access to your ST account), the minor upgrade has already been done for you. You don’t need to do anything, everything has been taken care of.

The new version (v5.9.9y.6):

• corrects a minor issue with the HTML graph to properly display the daily/weekly/monthly runtime stats when the HVAC is not connected to a heat pump…

This is not a mandatory update.

Just as a reminder, several smartapps are available with my custom DTH. Among others, there are some smartapps to calculate and cumulate the ecobee runtime stats for more precise comfort & energy tips. Refer to the ecobeeGenerateStats below:

The new code can be downloaded at my store:

Regards.

1 Like

Yves,

Are you still emailing out update notifications? I stopped receiving them back in November. I love the product. Thank you.

Hi, I’m not sending email updates as some people were complaining to being “spammed”. However, you can still download the new minor updates as indicated in my previous post in this thread.

Regards

I am having some trouble with the “WindoworDoorOpen!” app. Maybe I am not understanding the settings correctly but I am pretty sure it is not working properly. Here are my settings:

Which? 11 windows selected here
Send a push notification? Yes
Send a text message? Blank
Delay between notification in minutes 15
Max number of notifications: 2
I do not have any of the speech settings configured.
My thermostat is set to my Ecobee and I have left the default of “off”. I do not have a master switch set.

My problem is that we get a notification every 15 minutes forever. Does the “Max number of notifications” not stop it at after the 2nd time we get notified? It is annoying right now because our climate does not require us to run heat or air conditioner at the moment and often have the windows open. So right now if we open 4 windows we are getting hit with 4 notifications every 15 minutes. I would prefer not to delete the app and then re-install again when A/C weather comes around but perhaps I have no choice? Can you please give me a better understanding of what the “Max number of notifications” setting actually does?

Hi,

The max notifications is used only if no thermostat is provided as turning off a thermostat can be a safety hazard (ex. pipes can burst when it’s too cold in the winter or mold can form in the summer when it’s too humid).

It’s indicated in the smartapp:

input “givenMaxNotif”, “number”, title: “Max Number of Notifications”, description: “Apply only if no thermostat is provided as input”, required: false

Regards.

Hello -

I’m new to the community, and wanted to ask a more of a conceptual question before I start buying hardware and other equipment. I will be moving shortly to a home that has a gas fired boiler to heat freestanding radiators in each room. There is no central air conditioning in the home.

My basic plan is to replace the existing heating thermostat with an ecobee unit and place ecobee sensors in each of the other four rooms of the house. For cooling in the summer I wanted to install window a/c units in each of the four rooms with the ecobee sensors, and then plug them into outlets that could be controlled by smartthings based on the readings from the ecobee sensors. These would be basic mechanical switched a/c units that I would leave set in the on position and at maximum cooling so they would come on as soon as power was restored to the plug.

I’m not looking for a complete how-to in setting this up. It’s more a question if some combinations of your ecobee code and smartthings could pull all these parts together.

Thanks for any advice or input you can provide.

-mals

Hi @mals ,

Yes, my Ecobee device (DTH) and my zoned heating/cooling smartapp called ecobeeSetZoneWithSchedule (ESZWS) can be used to orchestrate in a smart way your ecobee and your window units based on the concepts of rooms/zones/schedules.

I don’t know which window unit’s make and models you’re planning to use, but you should also look into the Flair Puck which allows you to control windows/split/portable heater/coolers thru IR. If your make and models are supported by Flair (check on their website: www.flair.co or contact Flair support), then under SmartThings, you could not only turn them on/off, but also control the fan speed and get more useful information from the integration…

For details about the flair integration to ST, refer to

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_Flair_HVac_Unit

For more details about My Ecobee device and ecobeeSetZoneWithSchedule, refer to the ST community wiki:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_Ecobee_Device

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=EcobeeSetZoneWithSchedule

Regards.

@yvesracine -

Thank you so much for the quick and detailed reply. Somehow I had not come across the Flare Pucks in researching my options for IR control. With their integration into ST and ecobee with your code, I may go with my first choice of LG window units (LW8018ER & LW6018ER) which look like they are supported.

Looking at all the code apps that you offer, I was wondering if I did use a Flare Puck in each room that had and A/C unit could I avoid having to purchase the ecobee remote sensors and use your MonitorAndSetEcobeeTemp app to feed the ambient room temperature back to the ecobee? If that is the case I can justify the cost of the four pucks if it saves me from buying four zwave receptacles and ecboee sensors.

Either way, I look forward to setting up a system utilizing your apps in the next month or so after the move.

-mals

Hi @mals, you don’t need to use MonitorAndSetEcobee as ecobeeSetZoneWithSchedule (ESZWS) includes all the logic to adjust the ecobee’s setpoints with any ST connected sensors (including the Flair Puck)…ESZWS is a more advanced version of MonitorAndSetEcobeeTemp

Regards

2 Likes

Hi,

Here is referral link for 10% discount for the Flair products:

Regards

1 Like

@yvesracine-

Thanks for the Flair discount link. I ordered the four LG window A/C units and four Flair Pucks this morning, so hopefully all the pieces should arrive in a week of so. The savings on the Flair Pucks will be just about enough to cover the costs of your apps to integrate the pucks and ecobee units into SmartThings.

Thanks again, and I’ll order the apps once I move and setup the system.

-mals

Hey @yvesracine,

I appreciate all the help thus far. I have not used the DTH to it’s fullest and am not trying to play around a little more with it in WebCoRe for some scripts to further automate some items in my home. However I am running in to an obstacle and was hoping you have an idea of what I need to do to fix it. Essentially I am trying to accomplish 2 things with the script, 1. disable the A/C (A/C only as I would never want to fully disable the heat in cold months) from running if a window is left open and 2. close our motorized blinds to block out the sun for A/C.

However I seem to be unable to access any useful data to check if the Ecobee is set to HEAT or A/C, or if it is running. I thought I was on the right track but none of the variables I assumed I should look at every change. The following is the variables and the status I get from them at all times. Even if I physically change the Ecobee to Heat, Cool, Off or Auto none of these change. If I have the Ecobee actually running my heat, fan or A/C none of these changes. Any ideas?

Operating State = idle
Thermostat mode = off
Program type = autoAway
Status = ONLINE
Equipment Status = Idle

Any thoughts on why they ALWAYS produce the exact same results?

Thank you

Hi,

To determine if your A/C is running, you only have to check if thermostatOperatingState is equal to ‘cooling’. The thermostatMode will just indicate if your thermostat is in cool, heat, auto or off mode. Any change to your mode is not reflected right away in your thermostatOperatingState (amongs others), but at the next poll (the polling interval is indicated in MyEcobeeInit). And, it also depends on your setpoints vs. the current ambient temperature (call for cooling or not).

If your attributes are never updated, you may have experienced some ST or ecobee issues under your account (that I’m not aware of as I’ve not had any issues personnally or any of my contributors who have purchased my support services).

I know that ecobee has made a lot of changes to its APIs internally in order to release the new ecobee+ switch, and I have seen more ecobee issues as indicated under:

https://status.ecobee.com/ (you can also subscribe to receive alerts from ecobee by emails)

To reconnect your ecobee account with ST, please refer to the ST community wiki for more details. I’d recommend to use a single watchdog in MyEcobeeInit if you experience a lot of disconnect issues.

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_Ecobee_Device#Issue_.236:_My_Ecobee_device_is_no_longer_authorized_to_send_requests_to_ecobee

As I wrote here in previous posts, it’s hard for me to know what’s going under your ST account if you don’t provide any logs. For future issues, to enable detailed logging, refer to

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_Ecobee_Device#Issue_.239:_I_want_to_get_more_tracing_in_the_IDE

And, send me some logs to services@maisonsecomatiq.com.

As a reminder, don’t post any logs in the ST forum as they may contain sensitive information about your thermostat (ex. serial number) and your location.
Regards.

Paid user of the MyEcobee suite, and not sure what I’m doing wrong here…

1. I have MyEcobeeInit 3.5.2 and MyEcobeeDevice 5.9.9y installed. My thermostats show up, as expected which is great. I notice in th ST log it regularly says:
    “takeAction>Your location is not set in your ST account, you’d need to set it as indicated in the prerequisites for alerting purposes…”

My location IS set in ST though??

1. I can not get the remote sensors built at all. This is where I really need help.

I have ecobeeRemoteSensorInit 2.8.2 and MyRemoteSensor 1.1.4 installed. When I try to run the app, I select a thermostat, next, select the sensors I want, next, then save and get errors every time and no devices built (at least nothing shows up in ST…)