*** No longer supported *** [RELEASE] Resilient My Ecobee Devices and ecosystem V6- migrated to custom capabilities & automation (presence, comfort settings, and more)!

OK, that sounds good. You have many options available.

Everything was already up-to-date from your Sept 8th update. I finally deleted sensors and thermostat and reinstalled all of them successfully. Not sure what was the reason of the problem but now at least it works as expected.
Thank you.

Hi again,

So I went back and monitored the Ecobee Sensors that are using your ecobeeRemoteSensorInit SmartApp. I am using v 2.8, which I think is the latest one you have? Looks like my sensors are not updating (either temp or motion), but the sensors are communicating fine with the thermostat itself (can see the temperature changes as well as occupancy on the Ecobee mobile app as well as on the Thermostat)

I checked the wiki for all the mentioned issues, even set a watchdog (takeAction scheduled properly for ecobeeRemoteSensorInit). Not sure what else to do?

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=Ecobee3RemoteSensorInit#Issue_.2313:_My_temp.2Fmotion_sensors_are_not_refreshing_in_the_ST_UI

You need to choose a watchdog that is polled on a regular basis (every 5-10 minutes)
 If the watchdog is not polled on a regular basis, it won’t be able to trigger some rescheduling when the scheduler fails.

You can use different watchdogs (1 single one for each smartapp) for ecobeeRemoteSensorInit and MyEcobeeInit. to ensure that both smartapps are re-scheduled properly

Everyting is documented at the ST community wiki for troubleshooting your issue yourself.

If you need further assistance, please contribute to one of my support packages and I will look into your specific ST account issue. I’d need also some detailed logs sent to services@maisonsecomatiq.com.
Regards.

Thanks for the tips. I am using simulated switches that is toggled every 10 minutes by CoRE for both smartapps. I am at a loss, will get your support packages to look into this further. Thanks for your help.

Are you sure that webCoRE’s virtual switches are turned on correctly as webCoRE could be also impacted by any scheduling failures?

All I can say is that I personnaly monitor many user locations with remote sensors (as part of my support packages) and I haven’t seen this issue for more than a year

Like I wrote in the wiki, the only thing that can affect the updates is any ST scheduler failure which impacts the ecobee tokens renewal. You can manually “refresh” MyEcobee device (and turn on the trace input preference) to see what’s going on.

Upon contributing to my support package, I will be happy to look into your ST account issue. You can send me a temporary password for your ST account and reset it later.

EDIT: Also, please note that the updates are not “real-time”, a “poll” command needs to be sent to MyEcobee device to trigger the updates. Refer to your polling interval in MyEcobeeInit and ecobeeRemoteSensorInit. for the update delay.

Regards.

On a side note, seeing a lot of exceptions in live logging for the Ecobee Device. Seems to be occurring when I try to change temperature from the EcobeeDevice smartapp, and it doesn’t actually change anything on the thermostat.

1:59:24 PM: error java.lang.NumberFormatException @ line 1914
1:57:32 PM: error java.lang.NumberFormatException @ line 1015
1:56:46 PM: error java.lang.NumberFormatException @ line 1110

Well, you need to re-execute MyEcobeeInit and re-login at ecobee.

Somehow, you lost your ecobee auth tokens (which is weird by itself). That’d explain the fact that your ecobee’s remote sensors are not updating as indicated at the wiki.

Like I wrote in my previous post, please set up a watchdog in MyEcobeeInit as well as your ST account seems to be prone to scheduling failures.

Don’t use webCORE as a watchdog, use a physical device which is polled on a regular basis (5-10 minutes) such as a SmartSense sensor, an Aeon Multisensor, a HEM (energy monitor), etc. You can choose the right sensor by checking the events history for a regular polling (5-10 minute interval)

Regards.

Removed the devices and the sensors from smartthings. Executed MyEcobeeInit as well as ecobeeRemoteSensorInit, logged in to Ecobee, still seeing the same issue. Using a Bulb which polls every 5 minutes as a watchdog now.

2:26:50 PM: error java.lang.NumberFormatException @ line 957
2:26:57 PM: error java.lang.NumberFormatException @ line 933

EDIT: Looks like no errors when changing Cool Temperature, only getting errors when trying to change Heat temp.

Sorry, I cannot debug your issue from your posts
 I don’t know what’s going on in your ST account, but there is definitively something wrong in your configuration or something else

Try reinstall from scratch (delete your devices and re-install). To uninstall, refer to the ST community wiki:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_Ecobee_Device#Issue_.2313:_I.27d_like_to_uninstall_My_ecobee_device_and_its_remote_sensors

If you need further assistance, I can help you by logging in directly into your ST account (provided that you contribute to one of my support packages) and checking what’s going on by looking at the logs.

Regards.

@yvesracine, thanks for creating this and continuing to support this! I just started getting into HA and I’m glad to have contributed to the development of this project!

1 Like

New DTHs are available for better comfort in your home:

1 Like

Works great, I am using the program to turn on lights when motion is detected on the sensors. I would never have been able to do that on my on. thanks

1 Like

LOVE this intergration with ecobee, thank you!!!

2 Likes

Thanks for the work

1 Like

Good news, I was able to fix these issues related to the new Samsung accounts which are reacting differently to the code

I’ve distributed the new code (v5.9.9f) to all my active contributors (those of have followed the update procedure I sent in my emails).

P.S. As a bonus, I “tweaked” the code a bit to be even more resilient towards any ecobee or ST outages.

You can download the new code at my store:

Regards.

1 Like

Thanks Yves for the support and checking up on my account.

1 Like

This app and device are fantastic! So much more detail and info than the stock app.

1 Like

I never got the email :frowning:

You should have received it by now.

Regards.

1 Like