NFC - iPhone - Shortcuts/Automations - Webcore

If I write a piston URL to an NFC tag and scan it. My phone prompts me to open the URL in safari.

If I create a automation in the shortcuts app, works perfectly and doesn’t open up a browser as long as the URL is set to GET. BUT that automation has to be setup on each phone as they aren’t able to be shared

If I setup a routine in the shortcuts section. I can share it. But don’t have the ability to trigger via NFC.

Basically, I’m looking for a way to incorporate NFC, and have it where anyone in the house can use them, including guest, without having to setup the shortcuts/routines on everyone’s phone or have a browser open or require additional user input/actions.

Just scan the tag, done. No browser needing to open or confirmation needed to run.

I’m fairly new to the NFC tag thing, but regardless I feel like it should be easily accomplished. Anyone have any insight? Is it even possible?

Not possible in iOS. Not sure about android.

If you think about Apple’s privacy and security design philosophy, it’s easy to see why. The use case you describe would mean that someone could trigger an iPhone to do something without the owner’s awareness. If they just walked into your house and happened to pass the NFC tag, the logic as you describe it would cause something to take action on their phone even though they had never given permission for that. Not the Apple way. :wink:

Don’t get me wrong I totally understand the security part of it all. But I also wouldn’t put anything critical or security related on there either. Lol