Newbie: First automation of Keen HVAC vent. Misc questions

There’s the FAQ for the smartthings classic app. It covers the built-in features plus writing your own code plus web core. But again this is all going to change pretty soon.

Just remember that this only applies to people using the smart things classic app, and many new folks will now be using “SmartThings (Samsung Connect)” app which has a completely different rules engine, no routines, and doesn’t support webcore. So when you talk to new folks, the first thing to find out is which version of the app they have.

https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000114006-New-SmartThings-app-FAQ

1 Like

WOW - I guess I picked a poor time to buy into ST - oh well. But I’ll just keep dabbling with it. But sounds like no sense learning Groovy, writing WebCore code etc if they are in the process of migrating to something new…

I did just receive my Hubitat hub today - something else to play with :slight_smile: And, I know, it’s in its infancy - so have to expect issues and such…

1 Like

hi, im in the same situation, i received my hub yestarday and i was wondering after reading some post which app do i have to use:)

Good timing, right? :slight_smile:

1 Like

check this out this post about the main difference between apps, i guess i will follow last recommendations from the gusy on that post!

2 Likes

@wb70 and @jkp are two community members who have been doing a deep dive into issues around the new apps, and can give very good advice on the specifics. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hubitat uses the same groovy variant that smartthings uses (it was founded by some power users from this community), So smart apps and custom device type handlers written for the old smartthings platform can be ported over there very easily. So you may have reason to learn yet. :wink:

2 Likes