Newbee here, looking for some help with Yale YRD240 lock

Hello everyone,
I have a Yale YRD240 with the Z Wave module. It is paired with the hub and that all seems fine. I can unlock and lock the door. But I was wondering what else I can do. What do I need to setup codes, change codes, lock codes, setup guest temporary access and so on. I see things telling me to get another app, but the marketplace it is telling me to go to is not available in my app. I’m guessing I have a different version than what the post is talking about. Thanks.

With smart locks, you can basically set up codes
https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us/articles/200958090-Smart-Locks-in-the-SmartThings-Classic-app

There is a paid app that offers that and much more:

Marketplace is only available in the SmartThings Classic app

3 Likes

What app are you trying to get? Anything that’s not in the Marketplace can be added through custom code, and it’s easy to do.

I found a Yale post:

1.   Open your SmartThings app

2.   Tap Marketplace in the bottom navigation bar

3.   Tap SmartApps

4.   Tap Safety & Security

5.   Tap Smart Locks and install 

I’m guessing it is referring to the classic Smart things app, further I’m guessing I do not have that. How do I tell the difference to know for sure. Based on what I have read so far, I have the new one. If I do how do I get the features mentioned in the Yale post?

Smart Locks is not currently available in the STSC app. You would need to install the Classic app

2 Likes

Here are a couple screen shots of the Classic app:

Go to your respective phone’s app store and install the Classic app. You’ll definitely want to be using that more than the new one (IMHO), unless you have a Samsung appliance that needs to use the new app.

2 Likes

The logos are different for the two apps:

The following thread might also be of interest (this is a clickable link)

And here’s more about how to use custom code with the Classic app

2 Likes