New Sony Bravia TV integration for 2015 - 2016 alpha

Thanks for the DH. My tv KD-49XD8005 from 2016 is working with it. The only issues are that the classic and new apps don’t show when Tv is on or off and I can only turn it on through them. On the other hand Google Home app can turn it on off and shows when tv is working or not. I have ST hub v3.

Has anyone got the on/off status update to work without having to hit refresh? I have an x900E that has this problem.

Using the method in the first post to set device to a hex decimal converted ip…

Yea my device network id is set to the hex version of the ip. I can control it, but it doesnt update. Should it be hex in the actual device settings within smartthings or just in the device handler?

It works for me, but it typically takes 5 to 10 minutes before the status is updating in ST…

1 Like

Gave this a try on a bravia KD55XE8596 but unfortunately didn’t work. Seems to be able to to recognise the device and send commands but none work. Also, the ui doesn’t work for the new Smartthings app.

Scrap that, it works! But I didn’t have to convert the ip to hex.

Hey all. I’ve managed to get this working with my Sony XE80 TV in the new smarthings app (for the purpose of turning the TV on and off). However I’ve noticed the power status doesn’t update unless I open the device in the app and refresh the page or wait for a few minutes.

Reading through the comments I see its mentioned to set the network ID to hex which I have done.

Is there anyway of initiating a quicker refresh. Thanks

Hello, I’m using your DTH on an x900f and everything is working fine except for the power on/off and power on/off status. I made sure to follow the directions in the first post and set my IP address however I’m still not getting on/off control or status. The funny thing is that it appeared the status was showing properly before I set the IP.

Any ideas on how I can get it to work? I’ve tried to press the refresh button a few times but it’s still not updating.

I have the same issue. Any idea how to solve it?

Dave,

I have the same menu as you on my Sony TV. Did you get yours to work or are we doomed to fail??

Mine is not auto updating anymore, it requires me to use pollster… I haven’t seen any feedback from @steve.bratt and not sure if he has any additional input.

Also seeing VERY slow status updating at the moment…
And noticed that the “update” button found when opening the device lost it’s icon. (round arrow)
Could that be a coincidense…?

I have tried the device handler on a ST v3 to control a KD-55XG8196 TV. The function on/off doesn’t work. Do you have any idea what could be the problem ?
Thank you

Pointing to another thread I just created with a new version I’ve been working on for a bit…

Works on XBR-43X830C (2015), XBR-75X910C (2015), XBR-49X800D (2016) and XBR-49X800E (2017). Thanks Steve Bratt!

Is anyone aware of a modification that will allow Amazon Alexa to control more than just on/off, such as the volume?

I have been able to install the Alexa voice control to my Sony Bravia 2015 android TV.
I did it more than a year ago, and, to be honest, I do not remember so much exactly how I did it, but I had to make many attemps to get it working.

I started from this blogpost:

And I found some useful info in this forum:

If I remember correctly, it was important to change the TV location setting to UK and I have been using a VPN set to UK when sideloading and setting Alexa apk to the TV.

Hope this helps and it is what you were looking for.
Good luck :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello everyone, hope you are doing well, I’ve been looking to integrate my bravia KD-49XE8004 for long time, I have settled the Device handler the only thing that works is turn on/off and the app get updated very slowly, any solution? I’ve been looking if someone sorted, but I believe that I have missed it, thank you for the attention,

Hi, if you haven’t figured a solution for this yet, I set up a core piston to poll the device status every 10 (i think) seconds so the power status stays correct.
I use the TV power status to turn my amp on or off via smart plug :slight_smile:

Until someone writes a device handler in the new protocol, this is as good as it gets. But nothing updates instantly in the new app anyway!

My solution to the dilemma is this: I did not get into HA in order to spend my time looking at small screens to see status. I got into HA to make life easier! So if I’ve gone to bed and want to ensure the downstairs TV is off, I won’t go check a status screen somewhere. I’ll just say “Alexa, turn off Bravia” - if it was on it will go off, and if it was off it will stay off.