New sonoff zigbee

Looks like all zigbee devices are getting updated to have decimals for temperature.

2 Likes

Whaaat??? - After so many years that this feature has been removed…
But it will be nice that the parser will parse automatically decimal values. :+1:

1 Like

Delivered today in the UK. Temp sensor attaches as thing and Motion sensor works straight out the bat but named eWeLink? Trying to find local handlers that work.

1 Like

see above. Use ezex temp/humidity sensor for the temp/humidity sensor. Motion works fine as is.

1 Like

Is that a local one or cloud one? I can’t seem to find it in the type unless it’s a custom DTH?

It’s a cloud DTH. The only one that runs local is the old SmartThings one. It’s there, the list sorts weird and is case sensitive. Its at the end.

Amazing. Thanks for the reply will have a look now :+1:

@Giamma, what @Automated_House posted above seems to be live already. So if you would use the stock DH then it should show decimal values already. If not, then it is just a matter of time.

1 Like

I can’t seem to get my new Sonoff SNZB-02 Temp/Humidity Sensor to report any values. I have tried using both the SmartSense Temp/Humidity DTH and the eZEX Temp & Humidity Sensor DTH. ANy other ideas?

Hi, I’m back …
Yes, now I see decimal values … :+1:

Is it live? I see the UI is updated to to display one decimal place, but it looks like the DTH update is only in master branch. My sensors are still showing whole numbers only with .0

1 Like

The UX was able to display decimal values for a long time (since the beginning). I am still using my modified DH to show decimals and log an event every 5 minutes, but I will have a look and swap to the new DH. But ai guess, it might applies only to the cloud DHs first, as the local ones, I believe, baked into the Hub firmware.

1 Like

Could be. The PR mentions hubcore changes, but doesn’t say whether they were already done or upcoming.

Any DTH for the Sonoff SNZB-01?

Have same problem here. Did you get it working?

When I posted 28 days ago that the Sonoff SNZB-02 Temp/Humidity Sensor was not reporting, I reached out to Sonoff tech support. They replied saying that the SNZB-02 is not compatible with SmartThings. So I just abandoned the sensor in my closet and left the eZEX Temp & Humidity Sensor DTH in place in the IDE, then mysteriously the sensor started reporting about two weeks later. Sometimes it shows as being offline but clicking on it in the SmartThings app seems to wake it up again.

2 Likes

Mine has been on for a month now with no drop offs, it took a while for the data to pull through (no more than a day) but has worked like a dream since. I added as the type ‘SmartSense Temp/Humidity Sensor’ and it runs local.

I’m trying to test out the temp/humidity sensor. I’ve tried both the SmartSense Temp/Humidity Sensor and the eZEX device types. I’ve let both of these different types run for about 4 days each hoping that the data would start appearing but nothing. The device is online and I can see it but no data. Any ideas?

Have one with eZEX and one with Smartsense. About week now and nothing. Still waiting for miracle :smiley:

It’s nothing to do with the version of hub we are using is it? I’m trying it on V2 with no success.