New SmartThings Alexa skill (2020)

Please keep us posted if they keep working @Abhijeet_Ghosh

I’m not super keep to delete everything and start again :frowning:

Hi friends, I confirmed it too, all day today my Alexa routines works OK. I did nothing, it just started working. I hope it stays that way.

After being patient for a few weeks now, I finally woke up this morning and decided to delete all of my Simulated Alexa Switches and create new switches using the new Alexa 4-way switch device handler code that was recently posted. They worked great all day long and I was so happy thinking “Hey, I fixed my problem!”

And, then I see this. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

If any of your routines use the duplicates, then you will have to redo those, because the duplicates are devices that didn’t get deleted from the old skill and are hiding the correct devices.

It just stopped working…

Now it has stopped working again. Is this some faulty server?

Yes, today the routines stopped working (again). I have decided not to touch anything until someone from ST’s engineering team give a conclusion about this failure. I understand that they are working on it.

Yep! That’s what I had to do too. I’m so bummed I disabled the ST Classic skill and got stuck with the new one. Everything’s working now, except for detection of child devices on my dual-outlet Z-Wave Plus plugs.

Create virtual switches and use the smart lighting app or regular automations to make them mirror each other (remember, you have to say make virtual mirror plug AND plug mirror virtual for full functionality). If they have power monitoring, use webCore to have those values be synced up with virtual temperature sensors to do Alexa automations. Or you could use a simulated contact sensor to trigger an Alexa routine, and create a SmartThings routine to turn on the contact sensor when a specific power usage is detected. Know that until this issue is resolved with routines not triggering, not even a temp sensor will work.

Duplicates are not tracked by name but by ids ,vendor etc.

2 Likes

It started working yesterday (July 7) for two minutes and then stopped again

Edit: working again at 6:18 of July 8

This is very frustrating. I cant get routines to trigger at all. It was working fine when ifirst set it up a few months back but then it stopped and can’t get it to work again. I have no duplicate devices in the amazon website, i tried disabling the skill renabling, deleting the routines and readding… what else can i do? @Lars @Anybody???

It used to be a different issue (duplicate devices), and by doing what you did it should have been fixed. However, now, it is some mass outage or something that goes away every so often and then comes back

PM me your account please, the more examples we have the easier it will be for us to investigate.

PM me your account please.

What does PM mean? How to do it? Do I send my account username only or username and password?

Private Message - just click on his name in a message and a profile window will pop up. You’ll see a blue Message button on it.

He just needs the e-mail address on your account to be able to identify it.

2 Likes

Thanks for the clarification

1 Like

Just noticed something.

When I locked my doors when it wasn’t working, Alexa would lock them but not confirm that they were locked. She would say they were unresponsive. However, when I lock my doors when it works, Alexa confirms that the doors are locked. That means this issue is more widespread than triggering routines.

Lets all hope that we wake up Tommorow and it keeps working

@Lars Did you do something to make it work now? Seems to be back working for now. Let me know