New Smartapps available on the SmartThings Platform

They don’t work, so nothing lost

I agree. The SmartThings Framework update is probably only available on with One UI 3.x since my Tab S6 with One UI 2.5 isn’t showing the SmartThings Framework app in the Samsung Galaxy App Store.

As for the Calendar app integration, does it use the default Samsung Calendar events, or can you use Google Calendar events instead?

For me non of the companion apps work, I suspect it is the same for everyone as I have seen nothing on the forum about it actually working

Perhaps it is has been put in place ready for future updates to various other bits of software

One of the suggested things achievable is to have notifications on a compat tv and smart speaker

Though I doubt very much that Tv notifications will go well

Not sure what that new Calendar app integration will do, but as for calendar integration, I’ve used the Samsung Calendar on my Samsung Android device to create events which the HDTV logged in using the same Samsung account uses as well apparently. Because the Calendar event notifications from the Samsung Calendar appeared on the HDTV in a small balloon window in the upper right corner of the screen. Needless to say, I don’t use the Samsung Calendar because I didn’t see any way to control which Calendar event notifications are displayed. Maybe this new integration will allow control of which Calendar Events get displayed on the HDTV for better control, or possibly expose the Google Calendar events to the Samsung HDTV.

Sounds like you have partial parity between devices but not using Smattthings … yet

Unfortunately 2017 tvs probably won’t get any notifications, they barely work with ST nowadays

1 Like

@JDRoberts has put something together on the thread below:

Broken Features [Feb 2021]

1 Like

Smartthings Labs now available in the UK

2 Likes

Well I’ll be, so they are !

2 Likes

I was correct on 2016/17 tvs not showing notifications sadly, for that to happen they need a Fw update and as they are outside there support cycle it won’t happen

Galaxy Upcycle has been added.

2 Likes

Upcycle is a 64mb download from Galaxy store, app hangs on this screen, unable to clear the below screen
Galaxy s10

1 Like

Interesting stuff! They can even be used inside automations.

This is the biggest bullshit ever… Upcycle my @ss

What version of Android do you need to be able to install this version of the SmartThings app? This app is even not running on some newer Samsung phones.

If this thing would work with any Android from version 2.x, then it would be Upcycling, otherwise… bullshit!

2 Likes

I agree. Furthermore, this Upcycle app shouldn’t even show up as available if my device can’t install it. Both of my Samsung devices show this app on the list now, but neither one of them will install it. I know they advised what devices can use it, but come on, they don’t need to show it on any device that isn’t able to install it, not to even mention their per country lock outs if any.

1 Like

May not be a good idea to use it on a device that is a Dailey driver such as your phone, once installed your device will be limited to 70% charge, makes sense to protect plugged in devices but not for a device that needs 100% charge to last a day

At a guess they could have used a devices camera as well for movement detection, maybe privacy concerns stopped it

Sorry guys, while i think device compatibility could be much better, i find the upcycle app really interesting. I do hope however that they add more features, as having an 850 euro device just as a light and sound sensor, simply does not justify the cost.

It would be nice to see things added such as:

• camera
  • motion
  • gyro
  • acceleration
  • etc
  • Speaker !
2 Likes

The feature will be available for all Galaxy S, Note, and Z smartphones that were released from 2018 onwards and run Android 9 and above. More devices will be supported under the program in the future, Samsung said.

2018!!! Android 9!!!

3 years old phones to be upcycled? S9 and above if I calculate correctly.

A Samsung Galaxy S9 worth about 100-150 USD/EUR at least when I search ebay. How many sensor you can get for that money?

1 Like

Ugh. After more 3/4 years in a drawer, I just threw away an old samsung phone during some spring cleaning