(NEW RELEASE) Edge Driver Beta Z-Wave Siren Mc Modified for Ecolink Firefighter

Hi @Todd_Basche
That part of the driver hasn’t changed at all.
Do you mean that it does not detect the sound of the smoke alarm?

This afternoon I also had strange things for a while with device control from the app.
I couldn’t change drivers either, it said there were no compatible drivers on any device.
I did a reboot of the hub a couple of times and it didn’t fix and for a while it fixed everything on its own

Should work with stock Beta Z-Wave Siren cone sound sensor driver

1 Like

I just installed mine today and tried these drivers out and I have the same issue. Should it clear automatically over time?

Mine ultimately did. Not sure how long it took and haven’t tested again to see if it quickly clears.

I guess that makes sense. It’d be nice to have an option to manually clear it, but I guess the idea is you want to see that it happened and that it doesn’t go away before you can tell.

Hi @Mariano_Colmenarejo , I have used Z-Wave Siren Mc by some months ago and everything its okey – THANKS.

Sometimes when I trigger a Chime 7 Sound, and try to set it off after 3 seconds, does not work, chime keeps ON, until I set it off “manually” with a physical button, happened 4 times in the past 2 months.

My concern issue now is when I want to make an automation I cannot pickup a SOUND (Endpoint) in THEN part of the automation, only MAIN setting is available (Alarm and Carillon parameters). When I installed your driver I remember I can set one of the 8 SOUNDS (Endpoints) available, by example, IF “Panic Switch” is ON; THEN Siren SOUND 8 Endpoint) ON. but now only MAIN is available.
Is there any update or change in the driver? Something I am missing ?

This is the THEN screen of the Automation. Where are the SOUNDS to pick one up?

UPDATE: In fact, checking SETTINGS (“Ajustes”) in the driver I do not see the 8 SOUNDS (Endpoints) configuration, I remembered when I set the chimes and sounds for each one of the 8 Endpoints.

Thanks my friend.

Hi @CarlosJ

I think this is a reported issue for the IOs app, which was also not resolved in the latest update.

Maybe some IO user can confirm it, but you can try with another multicomponent device, the same thing should happen, it only shows the main component

1 Like

I saw the driver was updated recently.can u tell us what’s updated?

Hi @Todd_Basche

If you do a search for Z-Wave Siren Mc and ordered by the last post, it shows you this one in second place

1 Like

Oh get it !..I will try in an Android device, thanks !

Hi @Mariano_Colmenarejo

I have a Z-Wave Siren that can be powered both by batteries or USB cable.
I have a small problem when it’s plugged in with USB. It shows in the app that the battery is at 15% and I got a low battery notification.

Can you add an option to remove the battery status or to report it at 100% all the time?

Thank you,
Alin

Hi @alindima

Wath fingerprints are?

Here’s the info:

DNI: 0x50
Firmware Ver: nil Wake Up-Refresh Device
Library Ver: 6
Zw Protocol Ver: nil Wake Up-Refresh Device
Manufacturer: 0x0258 (NeoCool Cam)
Model: NAS-AB02Z
Product Type: 0x0003
Product ID: 0x1088
End Point & Command Class: [1]: ZWAVEPLUS_INFO, VERSION, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC,
DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY, POWERLEVEL CONFIGURATION, ASSOCIATION, ASSOCIATION_GRP_INFO, SWITCH_BINARY, NOTIFICATION, INDICATOR, BATTERY

Hi Alin,

I have created a profile without Battery capability and a preference to change the profile.
By default it uses the battery profile as it is now

───────────────────────────────────────────────────
 Name         Z-Wave Siren Mc
 Version      2023-09-10T15:40:42.319024475        
───────────────────────────────────────────────────
1 Like

Thank you so so much! Works great! :smile:

1 Like

I have the Utilitech Siren, and using the SmartThings driver, the battery level was always showing 33% all the time so it’s obviously not working. A few months ago the siren went offline because the batteries were depleted and needed to be replaced which their driver never reported any low battery indication.

I installed your driver and switch over to it, and your driver is showing the Utilitech Siren battery level currently at 90%. I sure hope that your driver is showing the actual battery level. Thanks.

Is there a way to use Strobe only? I previously used the Strobe function to notify me of leak detectors (siren isn’t needed/wanted).

What specific model of siren are you referring to? Not all models support independent strobe and siren functions.