New Feature! Accepted Solutions for posts

Hey guys and gals!

I am happy to introduce a new feature within Discourse. As the OP for a topic you can now set a certain post as as a solution for that thread! We think this feature is going to be a great way to highlight the best solutions in a thread so people can get up and running faster!

Check it out!

The OP will see this on every post and can select an answer as the one that worked for them to solve the post.

After a post is selected as the accepted solution a link will show on the OP to call out the accepted solution!

I fully expect JD to take the crown on total number of accepted solutions. Anyone think they can beat him?? I have a SmartThings T-Shirt on standby for anyone that can :stuck_out_tongue:

12 Likes

Thanks for the shout, but mostly I just read the manuals. LOL! :wink:

5 Likes

This is a great addition. Now you only need to find the switch that turns on upvoting.

1 Like

Isn’t “Like :heart:” sufficient? I don’t see any need for “up vote :thumbsup:” unless there is also a "down vote :thumbsdown:". … ??

I mostly see voting as part of system that allows feature requests and displays known issues. It is something we are working on.

1 Like

UserVoice has a tweak on that feature by giving each user a limit number of vote credits which they must budget across proposed product features. Credits are returned to the users once the feature is accepted or abandoned.

Nice feature. Except… the posts are not numbered. In another thread I saw the “Solved in post #11” link, but wanted to read all the replies. I then realized that the posts weren’t numbered and had to go back to the top to use the link.

1 Like

Just edit the last digits in the current URL in your Browser’s URL entry box. :sunglasses:

Ok click the timestamp in the upper right of each post.

Solved in post #9 and #10. :smile: