[NEEDS UPDATING] Finally ! fully automated coffee machine - Delonghi Primadonna Elite

Delonghi Primadonna Elite has a BLE interface

I used a Raspberry PI 3 server which receive network (IP) commands on a node js server and then sends the commands through Bluetooth to coffee machine.
Delonghi’s Bluetooth commands were sniffed using an Android phone and then we used these commands on the RPI3 server node js code.

RPI3 server can receive commands from any IP device. In my scenario , I use Samsung Smartthings and a customized DTH (device handler) written in Groovy.
My device handler receives commands either from Smartthings app or from Alexa and then sends them to RPI3 server in a HTTP REST request.
Not to use multiple devices, I’ve made the integration with a switch type device handler which also has level capability. According to the received power level, device handler differentiates between requested drink type.

Currently following coffee types are supported (hex codes for these were sniffed):

• espresso
  • double esspresso
  • capuccino
  • capuccino mix
  • doppio plus
  • americano
5 Likes

Holy crap, that’s amazing! Nice work. Rasp Pi and the rest of your explanation is a total foreign language to me, but it’s cool as hell!

Looks nice, but you need a robot first to remove the milk container from the fridge and replace metal mug to a coffee cup after the initial rinsing.

Otherwise, don’t you think that’s a bit disappointing in these expensive coffee machines, that the milk container or the water tank scratches the polished metal grill on the drip tray?

1 Like

By the way, you could share your code of this project.

2 Likes

Indeed. It could be useful! Will you share some piece of code?
Cheers

1 Like

actually with the new ST app , the device integration is a little broken.
I am working on adapting it to the new ST app.
works but not ideal

@mrmrmrmr

can you share your raspberry pi code? I am trying to do the same (using raspberry pi).

Thx

Can you share the code?

it is a very garbage code (in nodejs)
I have to clean it up. Then I will publish on Github

Thx!

I am writing in node js in the last 4 years, so I can handle almost any code :slight_smile:

@stillc, there is another topic:

F Sake… I have had a look today on your post again, @stillc, because I was not familiar which DeLonghi model is that. But posting a link to a non bluetooth capable coffee machine… You are just another spammer as I can see, posting links in your posts all over the forum.

Wow! Its so cool thanks brah