My Somfy-SmartThings Integration

Thank you for the information. That clears up the Google Home issue and that is what I thought on the noses I just wanted to be sure. Thanks again!

1 Like

I have Shades and that’s what it is set on. When I get home I will try the blind setting and see if that functions properly. Thanks for the suggestion!

I set the device to blinds and it did the same thing. Then I set them back to shades and it now works as intended. Easy enough even though I don’t understand why that fixed it. But it works and that is all that matters. Thank you all for the replies!

Updated DTH for healthcheck

https://github.com/imnotbob/SmartThings-1/blob/Develop/somfy_shades.groovy

Very nice write up thank you

If you had no blinds on any of your windows.

As in a blank canvas what parts would you buy to make this work?

zRTS system.
Somfy rollers battery operated

How does the RTS channels work. Is it one channel per roller or can you group multiple rollers in one channel and does one need a RTS 16 channel radio for this setup?

So if you are starting on a blank state I would suggest checking these out:

But to answer your question, if using a ZRTSII one channel can control one blind or shade, or a group of blinds or shades. It cannot do both. As an example if you have Blind A and Blind B, Channel 1 can control Blind A, Channel 2 can control Blind B, and channel 3 can control both Blind A and Blind B.

Hi guys, this a very informative thread. My question is very simple - does anyone know if the ZRTSII hardware has been released in the U.K. so it can be used for European ST hub? I live in the U.K. and am about to get motorised blinds and wanted to make sure it would work for me in the same way.

I would suggest contact Somfy support, to understand all options. I have found them helpful in my interactions.

Here is github for the shades/blinds DTH:

2 Likes

Ash, I really appreciate the work you and others have done on this project.

Would it be possible to create an additional preference that allows a user to flip the functionality? Eg. Either “turn on shades” would cause the window to in effect “turn on” (like a light), or “turn on shades” would cause the shades to “turn on” (emerge from their storage roll).

Reason I ask is, at least one other Alexa integration with a hub that I’ve seen on Youtube shows “turn on shades”, closing the shades.

Ash, please don’t change it. The logic is just fine and as good as the opposite. Having two versions out there will just confuse the discussion further.

You have a few options to make this work:

1. Switch the On and Off code in the device handler
  2. Create a virtual switch, and have Core or smartligting rule execute what you want on the actual device
  3. Use Ask Alexa, which will give you better natural voice control (can use Open and Close)

For #1 its an easy change if you use @E_Sch code. Around line 308 (def on and def off) switch the “int level =” to be 0 for On and 100 for off.

I personally use Ask ALexa. I like the natural voice rules you can create:
“Alexa, tell smarthings to open shades halfway” -> Set shades to 50%
“Alexa, tell smarthings to open shades”
“Alexa, tell smarthings to close shades”

1 Like

All, I have contacted Somfy support who confirmed that they have no plans to release the ZRTSI using European zwave frequencies. However, they recommended using Tahoma but were not aware if there had been a community written DTH for SmartThings. Does anyone here have any experience in Tahoma or any other way integration with SmartThings can be achieved in the UK?

Hello Everyone!

Thank you @Mbhforum, @E_Sch, and Ashwin for your work on this.

I just got my new Bali Shades (powered by Somfy) and was expecting to need the ZRTSI. But, good news, these new shades have Z-Wave Plus built-in! I got them from Home Depot.

However, your DH isn’t quite working correctly for these shades. I’m guessing that’s because I’m not using a ZRTSI. Here is what’s going on:

• CLOSED - This is working fine.
  • OPEN - Shades only open to 50%. If they are already open >50%, nothing happens.
  • DIMMING - Does nothing.
  • STATUS changes to UNKNOWN, except after using CLOSE command

I’ve switched over to the DH “Z-Wave Dimmer Switch Generic” for now, which is working perfectly; but of course the ON/OFF vs. OPEN/CLOSE is not ideal.

So, I’m hoping you can update your code to support direct control (without ZRTSI), or perhaps create a separate (I’m guessing, simplified) DH for Somfy blinds/shades that have Z-Wave built-in.

Let me know if I can help at all. I’d be happy to be the guinea pig.

@sirbriguy81

Use the DH Handlers made by @whoismoses located at the bottom of the first post on this thread, they work with them. Also just refer to it for troubleshooting etc if you need it. Graber and Bali belong to the same parent company, so they use the same motors:

@Mbhforum Thanks for this integration.

I use the Somfy shades and the zRTSI device currently and followed the instructions that came with ZTRSI to configure the base node, the vitual node and then program 5 channels corresponding to the remote. Then from ST I scanned for a new device and added the 5 channels (4 + All channels) and the zRTSI and they all work well. Added Google Home integration and control them using voice commands, as of now everything works well.

Here is a screenshot of my ST App with the Somfy blinds look like now.

However, the shades using ST and Google Home only has ON-OFF functionality (works like an electric switch). ON is open completely and OFF is close completely. I don’t have a way of stopping them midway or programming a favorite. That is why I am here.

From this point forward could you please help me set this up so that it has all the functionality as with the Somfy remote. I’m not well versed with Groovy or Creating ST apps and device types, but I am reading up about it and can get that to work. All help is appreciated.

Use IFTTT and create triggers. That might help.

@ZebraBlinds - The DH by @whoismoses is working perfectly. Thank you for pointing that out.

However, I can’t seem to figure out how to re-add my two-button remotes as secondary remotes for the blinds. My wife prefers physical buttons over smartphone buttons or voice commands (won’t hold it against her). Do you know if this is possible?

Do the following: https://youtu.be/8mTF8uF7jnE?t=1m54s

Also if you have questions just ask on the other thread or pm me since this thread is mainly for the ZRTSI and I don’t want to end up confusing people.

@ZebraBlinds - Worked! I love it! So happy with these Somfy blinds and the SmartThings Community. (I’ll use the other thread for future posts). Thanks again!