Hello All!!! New here, so first post.
My goal is to use Lift Master My Queue to trigger turning on a light, but hoping to only have this happen between sunset and sunrise.
So here is what I am thinking logically.
- Have an IFTTT integration set up with the garage door opens, it is toggling a simulated switch. I know this is working as I have tested it simply by having a light turn on.
- I want this to only happen between sunset and sunrise…so I am trying to use the SmartLighting Smart App.
Here is what I have set up in the smart app:
- App is controlling the light
- App is turning on the light
- Select Trigger Simulated Switch
- Which switch is pointed to the simulated switch is the one that IFTTT is triggering.
- Only during Sunset to Sunrise
And that is really it. I have an automation that is also flipping the switch back to “Off” but have also tried a simulated button as I think this may automatically change the state back.
Any ideas what I am doing wrong as neither is working?
Thanks in advance!!!