SmartThings Community

My Home Automation Addiction

It’s time to put things up for sale in the Deals section. :smile: I’m sure there are a few more addicts just looking to buy more things.

(Jason "The Enabler" as deemed so by @Smart) #226

hahahaha, don’t blame me… I’ve been trying to help everyone out by buying everything I can find… If I buy it then they don’t have to spend money on the addiction… tryin to help folks out!

I stopped putting everything in one spot… I didn’t want the wife to notice it all…

(Dave White) #227

WAIT WAIT WAIT Theres a deals section?

https://community.smartthings.com/c/devices-integrations/deals

(Glen King) #229

Revisiting this old thread. I just stumbled on the New Yorker article on this addiction. Pretty entertaining reading!

That said, the WAF has skyrocketed on this stuff over the past year or so. She finds it silly when I’m doing it. But then if a battery on a sensor goes out and something no longer works she complains about it. So just a few weeks ago she commented on how cool this stuff is.

(jkp) #230

Help me! With new devices coming out from lutron caseta, ikea smart shades, and new hue outdoor motion sensors - I feel my addiction is going to flare up again. :grin:

Me, too!

And don’t forget the HomeKit – enabled Netatmo video doorbell!

Oh, wait…:face_with_hand_over_mouth:. Sorry, wrong thread. Forget about it, forget about it now! LOL

(Jason "The Enabler" as deemed so by @Smart) #232

Did you see that it detects when someone knocks!!

Shhhh! Shhhhhh! Shhhhhhh! Wrong thread! :wink: LOL!

(Ron Talley) #234

Been eyeballing these. $130 for the whole shebang seems doable for me at least.