Multuple threads July 3rd update all related

I don’t have any inside information, but from what I can see there are least four distinct issues.

1. some change to the cloud platform broke virtual switches that ran there. The engineers are aware of this, and have started to implement a fix. That’s discussed in the following thread.

Legacy virtual switches stopped working (July 2023)

1. a bunch of different Z wave devices were automatically migrated from working DTHs to stock edge drivers, which turned out not to be a good match. Consequently, they either broke or begin weird reporting, such as motion sensors thinking they were leak sensors, and all that. Since this impacts a number of different models, even people who search the forum before posting are putting up new threads, not realizing that similar conversations are already underway.

2. something is going on with zigbee Devices for some people. originally my guess was that this had to do with the new thread support, which uses the same radio, but then people also reported it for the V2 hub which doesn’t have thread. So I don’t have any idea what it is, but there have been a number of people reporting it.

3. there are a few devices, only a few, which presently are eligible for either an edge driver or a cloud to cloud integration and some of them, maybe after an automatic migration, ended up with both.

So all of that has been going on.

I’m just another customer, but because of the way my brain works It’s particularly helpful to me if threads in this forum remain organized and don’t duplicate each other. I have been given the privilege, like a number of other very active members with a high “trust” level (that’s the forum term), of being able to move messages and consolidate threads. Normally I do this and I think it’s pretty invisible to most people, It just prevents having a lot of duplicate threads.

But I’ll be honest: last week broke me. So I haven’t been reading all of the threads let alone doing the usual behind-the-scenes stuff I do to consolidate them. So yeah, there are a lot more of them than usual.

I would recommend that anyone having any of these problems report them to support. They may not know what’s going on, but the more people who report them, the more resources the company is likely to assign to fixing them.

As far as keeping the forum threads consolidated, there are a number of other people with the same privileges who could be doing it, we’ll just have to hope that somebody steps up and does. I’m just not up to it right now.

5 Likes