Multiple Light Switches For One Light Fixture - Which To Use?

I forgot to mention as far as the living room set up where there are two switches controlling one light, there are several different brands that make “three-way” sets for these. There will be one master switch and then one or more auxiliary switches which can tell the master to turn on and off or set a dim level. You will have to replace all of the switches at the same time (you can’t just add a new master) and the auxiliaries have to be specifically made to work with that master as different models communicate in somewhat different ways.

The following thread discusses different options that the switches might have so you know what you’re looking for, but you’re going to have a lot of choices. GE, Cooper, Leviton, GoControl, Zooz, Homeseer, and Evolve all make Zwave switches that can be used in a three-way set up. :sunglasses::level_slider::bulb::level_slider:

The light switch feature discussion starts at post 35.

And more about auxiliary switches: