Moving devices from one hub to another

As many of you will know already I bought the v-home security system which came with a ST Wi-Fi hub.

I needed to add the Wi-Fi hub to activate the service. But now All the devices are added I’m guessing I can remove it.

However for some reason (probably an error on my part) one of the door and window sensors ended up being added to the Wi-Fi hub and not my V3 one.

I have went into the ide and selected that device and edited it to have the V3 hub as it’s setting and it moves over and I can see it however it appears as offline.

Is this a valid way to move the device or do I need to remove it and then add it back onto the hub I want. I already have some automation setup using this device so moving it would have been the best option.

With zigbee and z-wave devices, you would need to remove those devices and add to the other hub. Changing the settings through IDE will not properly migrate it.

2 Likes

Fair enough. Looks like I’ll need to spend an hour or so today doing that. No big deal really. Just thought I’d ask if it was possible. Thanks.

1 Like

Can you do a test, if you don’t mind with that single device if it is not a z-wave, but zigbee device?

As you moved it in the IDE to the other location/hub it is offline, but can you try to pair it there? Put the Hub where you moved into pairing mode and do a re-pair. I am curious that, when you finish the pairing will it recognize the device and all the automations connected to it or will it add a new device?

Thanks!

Too late I already deleted it and added it back in.

1 Like

No worries! Thanks for the reply.