Motion sensor too sensative

The motion sensor that came with the ST kit is too sensitive. Left the house last night and it was in the bedroom. My notification went off about 5 times. I’m gonna try a different location but I wish there was a way to adjust sensitivity in the settings.

I also tried it in my mailbox the other day and it went off at 8:30PM that night. Anything is possible but I’m pretty sure no one was out messing with my mailbox.

I guess I can search for an alternative but was hoping someone might know a way around this issue???

I have never tried this so I don’t know but would putting something like some cling film or similar over the sensor decrease its sensitivity.
Just a thought and something that might be worth a try.

Yeah, I’m not sure. I moved it to a different spot and left for ~2 hours with no issues. I’ll give it a few more times before I try something different.

I really want to use this as a security system but also don’t want any false alarms.

Probably will need to get some cameras up in the next month or so. That would be more likely to give me peace of mind.

Yes, cameras are good way to confirm what’s going on in a room, that’s what I do, otherwise I would always wonder what’s really happening. You might want to take a look at this to help reduce false positives.

Multiple people have been reporting problems with the sensors over the last few days, including multiple false reports due to the recent firmware update. I would definitely report the problem to support in case you are in that situation.