Motion Sensor Snooze?

First time posting in this forum so please excuse any ignorance on my part. That said, I was wondering if anyone has a way to snooze an automation via motion sensor for a set period of time. My use case is in one area of my basement where I have a motion sensor that automatically turns on my lights via lighting director and turns them off after set period. Relatively standard there. That said, this particular area is covering a “workout section” which also slightly bleeds into my theatre room. End result slight shifting on the couch will turn on lights when I’m watching a movie for instance. Was wondering if anyone has a work around for this. Hue labs seems to have something similar which I plan to try although I do believe it’s going to be restricted to hue sensor which I don’t have. As an FYI, I have about 121 devices controlled via smart things/home assistant on a raspberry pi. Along with a wall mounted iPad running smart/action tiles so I would like to consider myself a little more than a novice however this particular aspect I haven’t investigated till now. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

1 Like

I won’t hesitate to give the very common and yet non-guaranteed answer here…

Instead of using Smart Lighting, use CoRE. (It has it’s own Category on the Community!). I’m pretty sure folks there will come up with a Piston (rule) that can meet your requirement … or pretty close.

(Nice SmartTiles setup, BTW!).

2 Likes

yup, probably will come down to CoRE and either a virtual switch you turn on when watching a movie or some other way to indicate you are watching a movie (Harmony activity, pressure sensor under couch, etc)

1 Like

Thank you !! Will give this a shot !! Greatly appreciated !

1 Like