Motion Sensor Battery Lvl always 100%

Hello

Does anyones battery level always show 100%? More of annoyance as i have to wait till it stops working before i know when i need to change the battery but a fault non the less.

I thought i had a faulty sensor but support says its a known issue and the engineers are working hard to fix it, obviously not that hard if thats true considering when the system was released

1 Like

I have 3 motion sensors which are showing 89% and another 3 that are 100%. Not sure whether to believe as I was lead to believe that the batteries would only last for about 3 months and they have been in use coming up 5 months now.

It’s a known issue that SmartThings is aware of. Not sure what they are doing to fix it, but in the mean time we all get to play “battery roulette”.

I have an original SmartThings contact sensor and it’s been showing 1% battery now for the last month and it’s still working. Battery level accuracy hasn’t ever been that good. I guess YMMV depending on the device.

I’m assuming you’re talking about the ST branded sensors?

1 motion and 2 multi sensors all showing 100% battery for me, but they are around 6 months old… Not sure what is taking them so long fix, it must just be an issue with the device handler as all my Xiaomi sensors are reporting accurate battery.