Motion Recommendation with wide angle

Hopefully this hasn’t been addressed too much.

I have a couple of the older SmartThings (Centralite) Motion Sensors. They seem to be very forward focused. By that I mean the angle of detection seems very narrow. I’m looking for something that’s a little more wide range that works well.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help

My 2015 ST sensors seem to cover a whole room when in a corner. I have it on top of my kitchen cabinets at a 45. The moment I can see it, it can see me.

That being said, I still prefer the Iris motion sensors, they are cheaper, smaller, and I swear more sensitive. I have again one in the corner of the room at 45 in the corner, it can see down both walls perfectly. I walk into the living room and barely one step in and the lights come on.

Both of them I trip at about 15’ or so. I dont know how much further out they can go, but thats from one end of the room to the other without any issue.

While NOT a good judgement of the field of view, I will chime in.
With the Iris. I have 1 mounted 6’ up the wall at the top of my stairs controlling the stair/hall lights. I detects somebody sitting on the couch on the wall opposite the stairs in the living room downstairs moving their arm on the arm of the couch. If the bedroom door is open it will detect somebody sitting on the bed in the bedroom at the other end of the hallway. No problems detecting something as small as an 8lb cat walking into the room or up the stairs.

With the GoControl/MonoPrice Z-wave I have one about 1/2 way down the cellar stairs mounted on the ceiling upside down so it is aiming up the stairs rather than at the floor in a normal installation. It not only detects movement anywhere in front of it in the main room of that basement, but if anybody even walk past the doorway to the basement if the door is even cracked open.

ST mounted on the fascia of the front porch detects cars and people going by on the street over 50 feet away. It will pick up people that I can barely make out the shadow of on the camera mounted right below it at night.

I don’t think you can do much better than this:

http://wirelesstag.net/media/pir_performance.pdf

Thanks for all the suggestions. I’m going to play around and get a couple of different ones and see what I can do.

Josh