I wanted to trigger a photo burst when a button was pressed, and was surprised to find it didn’t support buttons. I made this minor change and am just creating this thread in case anyone else wants something like this. I submitted a pull request for this change but I have no idea if it will be accepted.
I added separate selectors for pushed and held buttons.
Install this via Github integration and then look for add a new SmartApp from “My Apps”: “Photo Burst When”
(instead of the original one under “More”)
user=loverso / repo=SmartThingsPublic / branch=photo-burst-button
I couldn’t find a good/in-depth FAQ for a GitHub How to with ST so here goes:
Please, I am by no means an Expert, If you find an error or see something that I should change let me know and I will update it.
Log into the IDE @
Enable and Link your GitHub Account: Section taken from Smartthings developer docs
Step 1 - Enable GitHub Integration
Click the Enable GitHub Integration link on the My SmartApps or My Device >Types page. This will launch a wizard that will guide you through the process.
Step 2 - Connect your GitHub Account to SmartThings
On Step 1 of the wizard, follow the instructions to authorize SmartThings to integrate >with your GitHub account. Click the Next button after you have done this. [image]
Source for Enabling GitHub …
Or copy-and-paste this to “New SmartApp” via “From Code” (but you really want to use Github integration).
This file has been truncated.
* Copyright 2015 SmartThings
* Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except
* in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at:
* Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed
* on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License
* for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
* Photo Burst When...
* Author: SmartThings
* Date: 2013-09-30