Mimolite input capability?

heard of anyone doing it with arduino?

I need to search the Community, but I thought someone did something with the MimoLite and a potentiometer to determine actual garage door position. At work right now, so Iā€™ll follow up a little later.

EDIT:

Does this help you out?

1 Like

thanks for your response! mimolite looks to have the capability to do what Iā€™m looking for smartthings is the hangup.

Do you just need to read the input for high and low? Or do you need to read discreet values?

I am using the mimolite for either high or low signal to determine if a skylight is open or closed, the skylight has a digital out and it is either high or low depending on whether the skylight is open or closed.

really only needs low when water pressure drops I want the really to close turning on a pump for an adjustable amount of time (10-25 minutes).

Anyone had any luck here with monitoring the voltage of the input trigger?

I think you will likely have to write your own smartapp to achieve that. What is it that you are trying to accomplish?

I would like to turn a switch on and off depending on the input voltage being above or below 3v. Not having too much luck in accomplishing this.

I am new here and not really a Wiz at this stuff.
I am also trying to find a solution to use the variable voltage input to trigger the 2 relays in a Mimo2+. My project is a small irrigation system.
I am using 1 relay to drive a small 12vdc valve, the other relay to drive a small pump motor, I am using sig1 to monitor soil moisture content with a 0 to 3v soil moisture sensor. Sig2 is being used to monitor a small solar power charging system,
Presently I am able to monitor signal inputs and operate the valve and pump. My goal is to use the input from sig1 to control the 2 relays based on the dryness of the soil.
I have not seen how to change the command class settings for all of the parameters in smartthings.
If anyone has any ideas please share them.

Cheers, KH

I have the mimo 2,using one relay and one input for my sprinkler water sensor. It goes threw the relay then to the input. This way I have routine when input closes from rain sensor I get a push notification sprinkler off. The routine turns relay off or I can turn relay off manually from phone if I dont want them to run on there schedule that day. Its been very reliable.

Shane
What are you using Relay #2 and Sig #2 for?

KH

I have only done a test with relay and signal 2. Signal 2 will be attatched to airflow switch that is connected to a hose that when drive over cloeses garage door. I still have to ordrer the air flow switch from milton bells I do have the hose. Its been work in progress I am limited to smart apps and routines I dont write code. So i will have a routine so when car door opens it turns on the switch (relay 2 ) on for five minutes and I will run the air flow switch wires threw the NO contacts so it wont close door unless relay is closed with in that 5 minutes. Been reliablitly and saftey thing. Getting the door contact sensor to dependable was ruough. Finally got it. Then how to close door safely is a hose far enough down driveway (hidden in the slab expansion crack) so if forget something and need to run in the hose for something or we are waiting for the kids as we sit in the car the garage wont close.