Military time incorrect

Military time isn’t correctly displayed in iOS app.

It is 1417 in the afternoon, not 0217 in the morning . @nayelyz seems like it should be an easy fix for next app update?

Since the time has a PM, it’s not military time at all. It’s just displaying a standard 12 hour clock. It should roll over to AM at 12:01.

So it looks like a Settings error rather than an incorrect time. :thinking:

6 Likes

@eric182, please go to the Advanced users’ app > locations and see what the “Time zone ID shown” for your location is.

Update:

Wait, I thought the hours were different but the format is the one you’re referring to, I don’t see an option to configure the format of time in the app. I’ll check in the API

1 Like

Following up on this, it seems the device history shows the time in 12-hour format despite the mobile device’s configuration set to use 24-hour format.

The general history that you can see in Menu > History shows the time correctly. We’ll ask the engineering team about that because it happens on Android as well.
There’s an upcoming iOS update (the one for Android was released last week), so, if this requires an app update, it won’t be included in that one because that’s already wrapped up, this is to avoid confusion when it arrives.

3 Likes

02:17 PM is equal to 14:17 in the afternoon

02:17 AM would be in the morning.

A 12hr time format should not have a preceding 0
06::15pm should be expressed as

6:15 pm 12 Hr format or
18:15 in Oh: hr

Let’s not overlook 00:15 am and 00:15 pm. What kind of abomination is that?

00:15pm … head explodes

That’s not necessarily true. Many 12 hour time reports and clocks use the leading zero when reporting in digits, but not in words, so that all digit only reports are the same number of columns whether it’s 06:30 am or 11:30 am.

The space is preferred, but the leading zero is an acceptable alternate format.

Every digital clock i have ever owned displays AM PM in a 12Hr format OR 24Hr clock expressed as 0 - 24 no AM or PM as it is not needed

(Military time is not a known expression in the Uk) we call it a (12 or 24Hr clock)

Because a lazy programer puts a leading zero infront of a 24Hr time format does not make it correct

Perhaps it is Uk specific but a leading zero on a 24hr time format makes absolutely no sense and simply gets added by laziness

Disagree. ISO8601 requires it, which is often the reason programmers use it.

2 Likes

Correct. :sunglasses:

And the UK government has officially adopted ISO8601 as its format standard.

Great… stil NO… the Uk gov will adopt anything, pay no heed to that

So the upshot is adding a zero to a 24hr format is fine

So currently the time is 016:53 pm

No, my bad, to 12hr format
So the time is 04:55pm
And this makes sense !

You guys sure you dont want add a zero to the 24hr format in front of the existing zero just for giggles

Looks like Mariano is going to have to change his coding

No, the upshot is that time may be acceptably presented as 4 digits: HHMM. Whether it’s 12 hour or 24 hours format.

See pretty much any digital wristwatch. :wink:

1 Like