Migration from v1 to v2: Peer Help Troubleshooting Specific Problems

And weekdays, holidays, and any day with “day” in the suffix. :disappointed:

1 Like

I migrated all but 5 devices (three Centralite switches and two Harmony hubs won’t connect no matter what I do). 160+ migrated perfectly (as perfect as manual can be).

But, I used three devices and a computer to migrate. One computer, a phone (using ST 1.7.6), a tablet (using ST 2.0.2) and an iPad (using ST 1.7.4).

iPad - everything worked fine.
Phone - worked for everything EXCEPT:

1. Smart Lighting says no triggers, so it doesn’t work.
  2. One room (Basement) causes the app to crash (all other rooms work fine).
    Tablet - only worked for connecting devices, everything else FAILED:
  3. Smart Lighting says no triggers, so it doesn’t work.
  4. Attempting to go into rooms, things, smart apps, or family causes immediate crash.

The Smart Lighting running locally (setup using the iPad) seemed more responsive, but it’s too early to tell.

Any ideas on Centralite and/or Harmony?

Which specific model Centralite? And did your other zigbee devices join OK?

Model 4257050-RZHAC.

Dozens connected fine.

OK, you’ve probably already tried this but just in case… I also had a problem getting this particular model to join and it turned out it’s one of the few ZHA devices that actually does have a different procedure to do a reset (leave a previous controller and join a new one) than just a regular join. It took me several tries to get it right.

Again you may have already tried this but this is what I found. There is a regular reset button right where you would expect it to be. In order to do the factory reset so that it will clear the previous control information you have to do the following steps:

One) start the hub searching for new devices

Two) remove the module from power and, very important and not in the written manual, leave it off power for about five seconds. That shouldn’t make any difference, but I found the tip on another board and all I can say is it did make a difference for me.

Three) after the five seconds while it is still unplugged, push the reset button and hold the reset button in while you plug it in and, again very important, continue to hold the reset button in until the LED comes on. Then and only then let go of the reset button.

1. In a second or two after you let go of the button, the LED should begin to blink as it goes into include Mode. If it does not begin to blink, it did not successfully reset the previous controller information and you need to start again from the beginning.

Obviously, I didn’t do this myself, but the helper I was working with had trouble keeping the button in during this whole sequence, and ultimately we ended up using a tool to push it in so it would stay pushed it all the way. This whole process was annoyingly complex. If you let the button pop up even a little bit then the process will fail.

So just in case you didn’t try that whole process, it’s worth trying again with one of them. The fact that you have three of one model fail does suggest it might be a process issue with this particular model. And it does have a weird process.

FWIWb

1 Like

Thank you.

I had found the reset procedure. I’ve done the procedure so many times, I should have gotten lucky at least once. I thought is was procedural too, now I’m not so sure. The devices respond to the procedure exactly as they’re supposed to (short of the actual re-association part).

Frustrating! So you’re getting the blinking light, not just a solid LED? If so, I don’t know why it’s not pairing. That’s just weird.

They all blink perfectly, but the connect device (with v2) never sees them. I have a request into support - along with trying to reconnect the Harmony Hubs. Oh well, I have to wait and see.

Thanks!

So, if I have about 130+ devices, would you guys recommend waiting until there’s an official migration tool released? Some of these stories are making me want to keep v2 in the box until it’s safe to come out. Damn.

Same boat; almost started yesterday but waiting on based on today’s reading, I think I need to pause. I do need the dashboard shortcuts like lights & switches and locks as family won’t accept digging in the app to see if the garage door is open or closed; and in V2 apparently the pairings don’t work anymore. sad clown

Went back to my migration notes… We did have problems with this particular device.

I see we ended up adding them as a “smart power” plug, and then going into the iDEN changing the device type

So did it actually see the device for you? Mine never sees it.

We had to search for it as a zigbee outlet.

Well, my V2 arrived even before the email to tell me it was shipped got to my mailbox. Unboxing and setting up was uneventful, it pretty much did what the setup described what it would do.

I took my V1 and followed the instructions (found ONLINE only, they should have put an addendum in the box for us V1 kickstarter people, but I was smart and looked up “what if you have a V1” instructions)
Disassociated all my sensors, and deleted all of my smart apps, and removed the Hub.

The only thing the V2 saw, was the 2 sensors that came with the unit… bummer.

I had to look up why the z-wave units were not being seen. Already mentioned but worth repeating, follow the steps posted in the help files here for using the phone app. to “disassociate” your Zwave devices off of the system, then redetect them.

My presence sensor was not detecting only because the CR2032 battery died (I did not realize this) but now is detected.

My open / closed switched had to have the button held for 10 seconds and released, then pressed once to get the hub to see those. (Finished, whew!)

Associating my Ecobee ST and LIFX bulbs were no problem since it was Cloud to Cloud.

My belkin switches magically started showing up last night, so I guess it took 2 days for them to decide to communicate with the V2 hub

The only problems I have left, if anyone can help me with this (Help desk ticket has been filed)

My original “Smart Things Motion” from V1 is showing “motion” always. I replaced the batteries, uninstalled and reinstalled the sensor, but still once triggered, it stays “on” showing “motion”

My Cree LED bulbs were working like a champ before V2. I have done the 2 second “click-click” reset of the bulbs, turned on the “scan for Cree bulbs” and … nothing on either bulb. And yes, the bulb is right next to the hub when I do this. I am having no luck getting these to work with my V2 hub.

So those are both zigbee devices. Do you have any others zigbee devices that are working?

In either case, the first thing I would do is to unplug the new hub and take the batteries out and leave it off line for 15 minutes. Then just power it up again and leave it alone for another 15 minutes. Then try rediscovering your devices.

That’s exactly what I did as well execpt in reverse. Deleted my old location (after taking screenshots of every page in the app) and then unplugged V1. The V2 migration wasn’t awful, just time consuming. My migration was more complicated because of the 2Gig secondary controller. It took a bit to get some finicky devices to exclude, but all is working at this point on V2.

Is it possible to some how make this like a huge no brainer sticky on the site? I can’t tell you how many threads I read trying to find this. I feel like total failure lol

When I started this thread I felt exactly the same way. Very frustrated and confused.

I have two micro controllers inside of a ceiling fan (one for the light, one for the fan)

###Question1:
Is there any way to exclude/include the Aeon Micro Controller without touching the physical device? Do I have to open up the fan?

###Question2:
When/If a migration assistant is available, will it even alleviate the need to exclude/include devices?

1 Like